I really wanted my kids to see the sand dunes. When people are a little familiar with Rexburg and Saint Anthony they usually talk about the sand dunes. So I wanted the kids to experience it.
The sand dunes are pretty amazing just to look at! Sand for miles.
My mom stayed in the truck, while the rest of us walked around for a while.Isn't sand cool?
My mom took this pic of me. :)
And all of us.Then we headed to the hills to climb up them.
My mom took this one from the truck...
The kids loved playing in the sand. Trying to dig in it. It's hard to dig because the sand just fills up the hole super fast.
But they kept trying.
I think they enjoyed just walking around and climbing up and down the hills.
It was pretty windy and hot.
I just think it looks cool!
Last picture....then we shook the sand off and got back in the car.
Growing up, I had heard about Egin Lakes, but I had never been there. Egin Lakes is pretty close to the sand dunes. So we explored there too.
It was a lot of fun. It's a little lake that is not deep at all. Just comes up to the kids knees. They loved walking around in it!
My cute dad. He looks good in a cowboy hat. :)
Of course, Sofie loved the muddy sand.
Even Noah got his hands dirty...
It was fun and now I know what Egin Lakes is like after all of these years. Haha.
My cute dad. He looks good in a cowboy hat. :)
Of course, Sofie loved the muddy sand.
Even Noah got his hands dirty...
It was fun and now I know what Egin Lakes is like after all of these years. Haha.
The kids were pretty dirty afterwards. My mom said, "we'll have to hose them down." Then she told a funny story about how she was babysitting her younger siblings while her parents were away. Her brother Jim had fallen in cow manure. My mom wouldn't let him into the house. She got a hose and literally hosed him down. Then my mom quietly mentions, it was January and so cold! But she got him clean enough to come into the house. :)
Fascinated by the story, the kids wanted to be hosed down when we got home. Haha. We hooked up the hose, they just played. Later, we did shower all of them.
It was a fun day of exploring and the weather was great!





























1 comment:
I love that "hose them down" story from Mom. I had not heard that before.
Post a Comment