June 30 - Thursday
Travel Day 1
We left Aunt Melissa's about 9:40. I forgot how windy the road out of Utah is. Isak and Noah both got sick. Thankfully, Noah fell asleep and no one threw up! Sofie slept for a while too. It was a quiet morning drive. I finished listening to Outrun the Moon. I liked it. I accidentally passed Rock Springs, WY so we ended up eating lunch at McDonald's in Rawlins.
They made two extra ice cream cones and rather than throw them away they gave them to my kids...
We ate lunch and then I rested my eyes for a few minutes while the kids played on the playground. Perfect.Then we drove to Cheyenne, WY. We ate at Chili's. It was perfect. Everyone got something they were excited to eat.
We ended the drive at Sidney, NE and stayed at a nice Hampton Inn...room 300. :) We got settled and slept.
July 1 - Friday
Travel Day 2
Packed and left. We did stop at Walmart across from the hotel. I needed to get my new favorite mixed nut and fruit trail mix to help me with the rest of the road trip. Today was the easiest day. Everyone was calm and it was easy to drive across Nebraska. Before the kids did kindles or we listened to any books or music, we listened to the scriptures and I taught them about the story of Elijah and the widow and the famine. I think that helped our day go well too.
I listened to Shoe Dog, Memories of Phil Knight the founder of Nike. I enjoyed his story.
We ate lunch at Wendy's at Grand Island, NE. We tried the strawberry frosty. It was ok...chocolate is still my favorite.
Then we ate at Chili's near our hotel that was near Kansas City, MO. The kids had been so good; we got mini molten brownies with ice cream for dessert.
Then we went to our "fancy hotel" the Embassy Suites. The kids loved how nice, big and fancy it was...we stayed on the 7th floor, room 725.
Here's a picture of my nails. Teal when I'm warm.
Purple when I'm cold.Sofie and Noah slept in the same bed together.
Sweet Six year olds with their stuffies!
Kira and Isak shared the sofa bed. Kira came to my bed in the night because Isak had stolen the covers. :)
July 2 - Saturday
Travel Day 3
Packed. We enjoyed a HUGE buffet breakfast. Isak and I loved it. We ate a ton of bacon, french toast and eggs. Lots of choices and we all ate and ate. It was a rainy day. I parked the car under the hotel awning and left Kira, Sofie and Noah in the car while Isak and I quickly got our luggage from the hotel.
Today was extra long because traffic was slow. Sometimes stop and go. I think because of the rain. We ate a late lunch in IL somewhere. Freddy's was the restaurant. We got a big chocolate brownie shake to share. Then finally we made it home at 8:30 p.m.!! Nels was so happy to see us. He had hung a big Happy Birthday banner with the number 40 in balloons. So sweet.
We unloaded the van, made beds, ate cereal and went to bed.
Oh, the last days of driving we enjoyed listening to Ramona Forever, Everything on a Waffle and we started Green Ember. We really did enjoy traveling together. Listening to music and books and the kids enjoyed playing on their kindles and just relaxing. Also, the candy, treats and snacks came in handy many times. I'm so grateful we got to go on this long trip and be with family. It was definitely worth the adventure!











No comments:
Post a Comment