July 30 - Saturday
We finally had a free Saturday to do something fun as a family. Yay! We explored some of Nashville by going to the Parthenon.
It's huge!
We all love to explore new places.
So glad that Nels could join us. :)
Inside is a small art museum. The art depicts The Odyssey story. It was weird.
The Athena statue is pretty amazing though.
We enjoyed reading about Athena and the artwork pertaining to this statue.
Funny Isak...
There was a small kid area...
We did the Kidsville program. It included free admission to the Parthenon, a story and an activity. I'm grateful we got into the museum for free. I don't think it was worth the money for the museum exhibits if we had paid...But it was fun to do for free. :)
We enjoyed reading about Athena and the artwork pertaining to this statue.
Funny Isak...
There was a small kid area...
We did the Kidsville program. It included free admission to the Parthenon, a story and an activity. I'm grateful we got into the museum for free. I don't think it was worth the money for the museum exhibits if we had paid...But it was fun to do for free. :)
The story and activity were great.
The story was called "Petra." A story about a rock. It was a good book and went perfectly with learning about the man who invented the pet rock. In the 1970's he bought rocks for a penny, put them in a box with grass newspaper and instructions on how to take care of your pet rock. He sold it for $3.95.
I remember my sister Mandi made a pet rock family for me. She had painted the rocks and even glued yarn on for hair. It was a fancy pet rock family. She even made a box for it. I really enjoyed that gift and I still remember it!
Then the kids got to color a rock for their own pet rock...
A few more pictures and then we left.
There was a playground nearby. The kids played for a little while.
Cool swing!
Then we went to Jack's BBQ.
We got 1 pound of pork, side of mac and cheese, potato salad, corn bread and some amazing banana pudding pie. Yum!
Watch out for the flying pigs.
Afterwards, we napped and then went to a friend's neighborhood pool.
I helped Kira and Sofie with their doggy paddle. Then we went to our friends house. They made us snow cones and we ate some cake too.
I'm grateful that we're making some friends. :)
It was a fun packed Saturday!
Then the kids got to color a rock for their own pet rock...
A few more pictures and then we left.
There was a playground nearby. The kids played for a little while.
Cool swing!
Then we went to Jack's BBQ.
We got 1 pound of pork, side of mac and cheese, potato salad, corn bread and some amazing banana pudding pie. Yum!
Watch out for the flying pigs.
Afterwards, we napped and then went to a friend's neighborhood pool.
I helped Kira and Sofie with their doggy paddle. Then we went to our friends house. They made us snow cones and we ate some cake too.
I'm grateful that we're making some friends. :)
It was a fun packed Saturday!


































No comments:
Post a Comment