I had a crazy idea that the kids and I could drive 25 hours to visit family this summer! The idea got stuck in my head and then I made it a reality! Nels was supportive and was my travel agent. He booked all of our hotels. He also packed up the car on June 10. He checked the tires and made sure we were as safe as possible. Thanks Nels!
So June 10 - Friday.
We ate breakfast and left around 9 am. Once we were on the road and everyone was settled, we listened to Samantha Spinner and the Super Secret Plans. When we got tired of listening to the story we listened to some amazon playlists. Disney Princess Playlist was a hit. The kids also liked my church playlist with their favorite songs.
For lunch, we ate at McDonald's. Chicken nuggets, cinnamon roll, fries and 2 slushies.
~Before our trip and during our trip, I prayed a lot that we would be safe and healthy the WHOLE time. I also prayed for an increased capacity to be kind and patient with our kids. With gratitude and happiness, I report that our prayers were answered. We were safe. No one got sick! I felt like I was nice 95% of the time! I felt like I handled things with love and patience. I also felt like my kids tried to be kind and patient too, which helped lots. I felt like I was able to connect with the kids and I loved it. The first day of the drive I remember thinking how pretty it was with windy roads and lots of trees. Sofie and Noah played paper, rock, scissors while they waited for their kindles to get charged. The kids did a lot of kindles, coloring, even some sleeping or just listening to the book.
Isak did throw up once. I was close to an exit with a gas station. Perfect timing. He threw up in a bowl. We cleaned up, got gas, and back on the road. Kind of funny...I was praying that he wouldn't throw up and Isak was praying he would because it helps him feel better. I'm glad Heavenly Father answered Isak's prayers and helped me to be able to take care of him quickly.
We ate dinner at Red Robins just north of Kansas City, MO.
Mac and Cheese!
They all got balloons.
We spent the night at a Home2Suites.
Mac and Cheese!
They all got balloons.
We spent the night at a Home2Suites.
Day 2 June 11-Saturday.
Noah thought he had magical hands that opened the elevator doors. Breakfast at the hotel. We packed and loaded the car. We had overnight hotel bags so we didn't have to unpack the whole car. Just two bags and everyone's pillows/stuffed animals!
We finished listening to Samantha Spinner and started the BFG (Big Friendly Giant). I listened to Outrun the Moon.
We stopped in Sidney, NE for gas. We each picked out a frozen treat. We ate it outside. It was hot. I got a chocotaco. We got messy and cleaned up. Then we hit the road again.
We ate dinner at Perkins. They have a huge kids menu. Everyone got something they love.
We stayed in Cheyenne, WY at a TRU Hilton Hotel. We didn't know this before, but it's a pet friendly, no carpet hotel. We had 2 queen beds. So Sofie slept on the air mattress. Although, in the morning I found her on the floor! I loved the lemon soap they had here.
Day 3- June 12 Sunday
We ate dinner at Perkins. They have a huge kids menu. Everyone got something they love.
We stayed in Cheyenne, WY at a TRU Hilton Hotel. We didn't know this before, but it's a pet friendly, no carpet hotel. We had 2 queen beds. So Sofie slept on the air mattress. Although, in the morning I found her on the floor! I loved the lemon soap they had here.
Day 3- June 12 Sunday
We ate breakfast together in Wyoming. Cool Mural huh?!
We loved the pancake maker. Now that's where technology, engineering and life meet.
We checked out the workout room while we waited to get a cart. The kids enjoyed the mini workout. Sadly, we never got a cart. Isak helped me carry the luggage with his strong muscles.
Since it was Sunday, we listened to some general conference talks, stories from the Friend and our church playlist. I love hearing the kids voices sing the primary songs. Then we did our own thing. I listened to my book and the kids did their kindles and activities. Oh, I did give them an activity each day of the drive. Scratch art, mess free marker coloring, activity pads, Sudoku for Isak.
We loved the pancake maker. Now that's where technology, engineering and life meet.
We checked out the workout room while we waited to get a cart. The kids enjoyed the mini workout. Sadly, we never got a cart. Isak helped me carry the luggage with his strong muscles.
Since it was Sunday, we listened to some general conference talks, stories from the Friend and our church playlist. I love hearing the kids voices sing the primary songs. Then we did our own thing. I listened to my book and the kids did their kindles and activities. Oh, I did give them an activity each day of the drive. Scratch art, mess free marker coloring, activity pads, Sudoku for Isak.
We stopped in Rock Springs, WY and ate at a Sonic. It felt so familiar. Then we realized we ate here in 2020 when we drove from Utah to Illinois!
Sofie and Noah pretended to be babies...
We arrived at Kari and Jared's house in Utah at 4:50 p.m. We unloaded and chatted. The kids played and played. We had french toast for dinner. Kari's neighbor had just passed away so they had a viewing to go to that night. I played basketball and air hockey with the kids and taught Mason Nerts. Then I got the kids ready for bed. It was good to be with family again.
We arrived at Kari and Jared's house in Utah at 4:50 p.m. We unloaded and chatted. The kids played and played. We had french toast for dinner. Kari's neighbor had just passed away so they had a viewing to go to that night. I played basketball and air hockey with the kids and taught Mason Nerts. Then I got the kids ready for bed. It was good to be with family again.

















1 comment:
A 25-hour car ride with four kids! You are amazing! Well done! I love the idea of the hotel bags so you didn't have to carry everything in to each hotel. So smart!
Post a Comment