We celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary. We got to sneak away and enjoy almost a whole 24 hours! It was wonderful!
Nels's Dad let us borrow the Jeep. Nels was super happy about that!
We drove to Midway, UT. I loved the scenic drive.Quick photo of Bridal Veil Falls as we passed it.
We stayed at the Blue Boar Inn and enjoyed the Charles Dickens Room.
I love the rock exterior.
There's the Jeep in front of the inn.
We ate dinner at Z's Steak and Chop Haus.
While we waited for our table we walked around.
Then we splurged and ordered the Beef Wellington. It came with asparagus, potatoes and creamed corn.
The steak was cooked with a mushroom, rosemary stuffing and then a pastry on the outside. It was the BEST steak dinner I have ever had in my life!!!
We ate almost all of it. Then the waitress gave us a free dessert since we were celebrating our anniversary and probably because we ordered the most expensive thing on the menu too. 😂
We loved the strawberry chocolate torte too. And we ate all of it! Even though we were already full.
Happy Anniversary to us!!
I'm still glad we got and ate that wonderful, expensive meal. It was amazing and Nels and I enjoyed it so much.
Happy Anniversary to us!!
I'm still glad we got and ate that wonderful, expensive meal. It was amazing and Nels and I enjoyed it so much.
Then we walked around the Blue Boar Inn property.
Here's our cool key and the door to our room.
They did a turn down service for us...They set a rose and chocolates on the bed along with bath robes.
We decided to put the bathrobes on and take some funny pictures. Here's Nels reading a Charles Dickens book in our Charles Dickens room...haha.
And by the fireplace. Isn't he handsome!
Heehee.
I tried, haha. I'm NOT a model. Haha.
But it was fun.
Carnation, stuffed animal (that was available for purchase...we did not buy it), grapes, crackers, a card and the room key...
I loved all of the fresh flowers around the inn and in the room.
The staircase to our room.
June 18 - Saturday. After sleeping in, we enjoyed an amazing breakfast on the patio.
I had the avocado toast with poached eggs and hot chocolate. Nels had eggs Benedict with potatoes.
Mmmmmm...So delicious.
After breakfast, we went exploring. We visited a hot springs. We didn't go in it. Just took pictures and walked inside the cave to where it was and then on top of the cave and looked down at it.
These are the stairs that led up to it.
Then we took the Jeep on a trail.
Great views!
I was so scared for the 1 - 1.5 hour drive. It's the most scared I have felt in a long time.
And this is my "it's bumpy and I'm sick and scared" face. Haha.
We ended up at Cascade Springs and went on a nice short hike that had beautiful nature.
Then our time was up and it was time to head back to the rest of the family. Oh, how I relished and loved our time together. We both agreed that we need to do it again, but for longer. Maybe 72 hours! 😃
Here's our cool key and the door to our room.
They did a turn down service for us...They set a rose and chocolates on the bed along with bath robes.
We decided to put the bathrobes on and take some funny pictures. Here's Nels reading a Charles Dickens book in our Charles Dickens room...haha.
And by the fireplace. Isn't he handsome!
Heehee.
I tried, haha. I'm NOT a model. Haha.
But it was fun.
Carnation, stuffed animal (that was available for purchase...we did not buy it), grapes, crackers, a card and the room key...
I loved all of the fresh flowers around the inn and in the room.
The staircase to our room.
June 18 - Saturday. After sleeping in, we enjoyed an amazing breakfast on the patio.
I had the avocado toast with poached eggs and hot chocolate. Nels had eggs Benedict with potatoes.
Mmmmmm...So delicious.
After breakfast, we went exploring. We visited a hot springs. We didn't go in it. Just took pictures and walked inside the cave to where it was and then on top of the cave and looked down at it.
These are the stairs that led up to it.
Then we took the Jeep on a trail.
Great views!
I was so scared for the 1 - 1.5 hour drive. It's the most scared I have felt in a long time.
And this is my "it's bumpy and I'm sick and scared" face. Haha.
We ended up at Cascade Springs and went on a nice short hike that had beautiful nature.
Then our time was up and it was time to head back to the rest of the family. Oh, how I relished and loved our time together. We both agreed that we need to do it again, but for longer. Maybe 72 hours! 😃
















































No comments:
Post a Comment