Thursday, August 18, 2022

Nyborg's House: June 16 - 19

June 16 - Thursday
Packed up and said good bye to Kari's family.  We only had a one hour drive.  Easy, peasy.  We finished listening to Henry and Beezus.  Such a fun and cute book.  We arrived at Bob and Donna's around lunch time.  We unloaded, got settled, ate yummy tuna sandwiches and fruit.  Then we went to Anna-Lisa's for Lily's birthday party.  They had a great party with a huge slip and slide, a princess pool jump house and other little pools in their yard.  Watermelon, popcorn, and ice cream.  

My kids hopped right into the fun.  And overall, we had a great time.
Kira enjoyed some snuggles with Grandpa.
Noah really liked the watermelon.
And vanilla ice cream.
Cousin Klara, Grandpa and Kira.
Kira and Sofie
Funny faces...

Just relaxing.

Grandma went down the slide too.  See Isak hiding.  He jumped out and sprayed her with his squirt gun.  
Lots of fun.
After the party, we stayed and played some more.  We ate some lasagna, salad and Texas sheet brownies for dinner.  Then we went back to G&G's for the night.  I had a huge headache.  So once the kids went to bed I relaxed until Nels arrived.  Thankfully, Bob and Donna picked him up.  He arrived at 11pm.  Happy to have him with us for a few days.

June 17 - Friday
We got ready for family photos.  But last minute they got cancelled because Annica was sick and went to Urgent Care.  So I just took a few pictures of Isak, Kira and Sofie because they were all ready to go.  





I liked how I did the girls hair.  And of course, I love their matching dresses.  :)
We went swimming at G&G's friends pool.  Isak loved jumping from the waterfall.  In 2020, he liked it too, but he had floaties on.  This time he didn't need them.  He's getting so much better at swimming.
Kira and Nels.
Noah enjoyed swimming with his floaties on.
Grandma, Anna-Lisa, Lily, Audrey and Isak in the background.
Sofie and Kira enjoying the water together.
We ate some lunch.


View from the top of the waterfall.
A little playhouse.


Fun times.  
Then Nels and I left for our Anniversary getaway...blogpost to follow...
When we came back from our Anniversary on Saturday afternoon, we jumped back into family mode.
I played a few games of Operation.  The kids loved that game.  
After a nap, we went to Kierstin's house for dinner.  

June 19 - Sunday  Father's Day!
Grandma helped Sofie and Kira make these fun Father's Day cards while we were gone.
Sadly, the water heater broke.  So no hot water and no showers.  We all went to church at 10:30 am anyways.  The kids did well going to primary.  Yay!  Cute picture of them...
Then I grabbed a picture with Nels for Father's Day.  Nels is a great dad and is always trying to be there for his kids.  
We took some with grandpa...

Then all of us hopped in.  I look really tall in this picture.  Haha.
Lots of hugs for dad.
Kira taught Grandma some origami.
We enjoyed a wonderful filet steak dinner with mashed potatoes.  Then we watched old pictures/videos of when Nels was little and Bob and Donna were younger.  
Enjoyed time with Aunt Britta.

This is how the kids slept.  Noah loved having that big, huge teddy bear by his bed.
Britta gave the girls butterfly necklaces to help them remember she loves them.  💜
Noah with the bears.  😄
It was nice to come.  Then we packed up again and left June 20 for Idaho.  Nels headed back to Tennessee on that day too.  

No comments: