AH! I turned 40 years old. What?! Haha.
Nels really wanted me to be home to celebrate my birthday with him. He tried really hard to make it special for me. And it was a special, wonderful day. Thank you, Nels! 💙
We all went to church for my birthday. Everyone was super nice to me, which I loved. The kids kept saying "happy birthday" a lot to me. After church I took a picture with my fun banner...
Noah wanted to be in it with me too. :)I opened my birthday card from my mom and dad. So thoughtful.
Nels and the kids surprised me by singing Happy Birthday to me with fun hats and glasses. Nels gave me a pink "happy birthday"sash to wear too. I love my people...
We ate lunch then Nels put 40 candles on a delicious chocolate cake from Costco.
We took turns blowing out all of the candles. My second time blowing them out I blew them all out. Yes! We ate the cake with raspberries and ice cream. Mmmmm.
Then I took a 2 hour nap!! It was wonderful. My sister Melissa gave me this fun crocheted hat and my favorite orange soap.
Nels had purchased a pool for the kids. So we set it up and oh boy! They loved it!! They were thrilled. And played and played.
Nels made me a grilled chicken salad. Then as a family we watched Sulphur Springs. I didn't get any gifts from the kids or Nels. We don't really do gifts for us. Nels did research a digital photo frame and wanted to buy it for me...but I told him no. I want one...but I don't know where I would put it yet. So it's my own fault I didn't have a gift. 😜
Later in July, we went to Red Robin for my birthday burger...
Isak loves a good burger. He got root beer and sweet potato fries too. I love that he loves this kind of food.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with the first 40 years of my life. 😁 I'm looking forward to filling the next forty with adventures, laughter, great books, delicious food and wonderful relationships. 












No comments:
Post a Comment