Monday, August 8, 2022

Sofie and Noah's 6th Birthday!!

The day that Sofie and Noah have been counting down to for the past 9 months finally arrived!  Their Sixth Birthday!!!  And oh, how we enjoyed celebrating them.  I made a balloon garland.  So fun.  I even found a panda balloon on amazon.  I found a monkey too.  It arrived after their birthday, so I returned it.  But they both liked all of the balloons.  

Sofie had found this giant stuffed Panda back in February at Walmart and asked/begged for it for her birthday.   She asked often, "When will I get my big, huge, fat Panda?!"  I'm so glad I bought it for her and hid it for months.  I found a giant teddy bear for Noah.  They were so thrilled to have them!  Definitely, a highlight of their birthday.
They woke up early and we opened gifts before school.  
Sofie got a Panda game, Panda Polly Pocket, perler beads and a karaoke microphone.  Noah got 2 remote control cars, a lego 25 in 1 set.  They both got new shirts, pj's.  They shared 4 - 100 piece puzzles and marble run.  Since it's also Kira and Isak's half birthday, I got them each a gift too.  Kira got a unicorn alarm clock and Isak got a frame for his puppy diamond art that he finished.  All of the kids got the game Floor is Lava.  
G&G Nyborg gave them six animal hand puppets.  
G&G Swensen gave them cards and $10 each!
Nels and I also gave them cards with our favorite things about them written inside.  Aunt Melissa also gave them cute cards.  
Isak gave Sofie Panda stickers and a panda bead pet that he had made for her.  He gave Noah a mystery Ryan.  Kira gave Sofie a Panda bucket with panda gummy candy.  She gave Noah a Monkey bucket with gummy candy too.  

Sofie had made her panda cards before her birthday and happily presented them to her panda..."I love you Polly the Panda."  💜
After opening gifts, we ate a quick breakfast.  They had wanted Kix cereal.  
Of course, the stuffed animals came in the car to go to school with us!  
Noah named his teddy John...I think he likes to spell it Jon though.  
Sofie and Noah carried the sack of cupcakes for their class together.  So cute.  I think they had a great day at school.  
At home, I decorated the panda and monkey cupcakes.  Thank goodness, Kira received a cake decorating set for Christmas.  I used her piping bags and star tips to decorate the cake.  I just used store brought frosting.  I was so happy with how they turned out.  Sofie and Noah were thrilled!  Yay!  Here's a lot of pictures...they aren't perfect cakes, but great for us.
Months before Sofie's birthday she had made her cake and wrote instructions for me to follow.  She was happy to see I followed her instructions pretty well.  :)
Here's the monkey.  

Happy Kids!
We had Sloppy Joes for their birthday.  And then cake!  They blew out candles and enjoyed the evening with Nels.  Because I had YW's that night.  
Over the next few days, Sofie and Noah enjoyed their toys.  Here's Sofie singing to Panda in her new microphone.
Everyone helped to put the puzzles together.  💙
Here they are ready for bed in their new pajamas.  

A little about Sofie, age 6:
Sofie is playful, friendly, loves to joke and laugh.  She's forgiving and gets along well with others.  Obviously, she loves Pandas!  She also loves bunnies, koalas and lambs.  she's learning to read and is doing very well.  She loves to do art projects out of trash (wrappers, boxes, cups from restaurants, toilet paper rolls).  She's willing to try most things and is adventurous.   She makes friends easily and loves to include everyone.  She loves to sing and entertain.  We love her tons!!

A little about Noah, age 6:
Noah is funny, loves to play with toys and with his brother and sisters.  Noah has an incredible imagination.  He loves to dance and move a lot.  He can be serious and does like things a certain way, but he's getting a lot better at communicating these needs and that is so helpful.  He gives sneaky hugs, sweet compliments and even writes short, nice notes.  He likes when I hold his hand as he settles down to sleep for the night.  He's learning to read very well.  He loves math, puzzles, games, building, sloths, teddies and monkeys very much!!  We love our Noah boy!

Happy Birthday to our 2nd set of twins!  💚💜

No comments: