June 20 - Monday
We packed up and left the Nyborg's house. We said good bye to Nels and he left later that day to fly back to Tennessee. He ended up taking a later flight and they gave hime $1,000 gift card to do it. But it was a long day for him and he didn't get home until 3 am!
The kids and I left for Idaho at 9:30 a.m. The kids were great on our short four hour drive. We listened to The BFG. We stopped in Pocatello and ate at Cafe Rio. I love their sweet pork! Then we continued our drive. We stopped at the Idaho Falls Temple and Visitor Center. Nels and I got married here 19 years ago!
The kids were amazing and listened as the senior couple missionaries talked to them about the temple. When they were asked how they can keep the commandments and follow Jesus, Kira said, "Keep the Sabbath Day Holy."" Isak said, "Honor your parents." I love that Isak and Kira know the ten commandments and in order. I remember teaching that to them during one of the at home church lessons during the pandemic in 2020. We used our fingers to sign and remember the commandments. It's stuck with me, Isak and Kira. :) We walked around the temple and I told the kids about our wedding day and taking pictures. I remember it was really windy and my veil was flying around everywhere!
Then we finished our drive and arrived at 3 pm. My heart was so happy and grateful when I saw my mom and dad standing in the driveway, with their arms around each other, smiling and waving at us. In that moment, I thought, it was worth all that we went through to be here right now. To be home. 💜
We talked, unloaded the van and got settled. The kids pulled out our families childhood toys and began playing right away. It was a rainy afternoon and evening. So we stayed inside. Sofie had a great time with my dress and dazzle set. My mom made these accessories!
She's so funny!
So fancy...
I remember how happy I was to have these fun dress up clothes. I loved that purse and the lacy gloves.
We relaxed and watched a Hallmark movie. Snuggles with Kira and Grandma.
I love my sweet parents. They are so kind and patient.
June 21 - Tuesday.
She's so funny!
I remember how happy I was to have these fun dress up clothes. I loved that purse and the lacy gloves.

Noah shared his teddy bear with grandma. :)
Of course, mom always has the best food. We had ham, rolls, potatoes and a fancy salad for dinner.
I love my sweet parents. They are so kind and patient.
June 21 - Tuesday.
The kids were ready to play outside after enjoying Grandpa's pancakes for breakfast.
Dad and Isak gardened.
Kira and Sofie did some art.
Noah loved all of our old puzzles.
Relaxing after working hard in the garden.
We enjoyed some down time in the afternoon. I did a reading lesson with Sofie and Noah. I love their little pointer finger. Dad proudly showed me his mug. "Stand Up For Your Country".
Bill O'Reilly Made in America by American Workers.
June 22 - Wednesday
Dad and Isak gardened.
Kira and Sofie did some art.
Noah loved all of our old puzzles.
Relaxing after working hard in the garden.
Bill O'Reilly Made in America by American Workers.
I didn't get a picture, but we had my Grandpa's enchiladas for dinner. I love that meal. We enjoyed a Hallmark movie in the evening.
Just playing outside and enjoying the day!
The kids loved all of the popsicles and ice cream treats that G&G keep stocked in their freezer.
Sofie's reading lesson. :)
Mom and I got out the carding supplies out and made cards whenever we had a few minutes. We loved our time doing it together.
I love taking pictures of these kids!
I found this picture of our family group. I remember when this picture was taken. I loved my yellow ruffle dress. I'm on the bottom left. :)
The kids and I with grandma and Uncle Jim.
All of us.
Kira and Grandma.
Isak and Grandma.
My Aunt Kathy came too. It was so fun to catch up with her and hear how my cousin Del is doing.
The kids loved all of the popsicles and ice cream treats that G&G keep stocked in their freezer.
Sofie's reading lesson. :)
Mom and I got out the carding supplies out and made cards whenever we had a few minutes. We loved our time doing it together.
My mom is so sweet and had stamping supplies for each of the kids to use too. Isak was the first to try it out. He loved it and made a few robot cards. Later in the week, Sofie and Kira made watermelon and popsicle cards. And Noah made a monkey card. They all enjoyed card making so much!
We were all enjoying stamping so much that my Dad just went and got burgers from Big J's for our lunch. Yum. Fry sauce. Mmmmm.
We went to visit with my Grandma Stewart in the afternoon. I was so happy to see all of my kids hug and love her. My mom was quick and got this sweet photo.
They played outside and I came and went from watching/helping the kids to conversation with everyone.I love taking pictures of these kids!
I found this picture of our family group. I remember when this picture was taken. I loved my yellow ruffle dress. I'm on the bottom left. :)
The kids and I with grandma and Uncle Jim.
All of us.
Kira and Grandma.
Isak and Grandma.
My Aunt Kathy came too. It was so fun to catch up with her and hear how my cousin Del is doing.
Then we walked home...
I LOVE this picture.
So I did get a photo of the enchiladas. So good!
My mom's health has not been the best. She tries so hard, but her body is going through a lot right now. Some days are good and others are not. Maybe that's why I cherished our time together so much more this time. I just loved our days together. I helped her (I hope), I served her and loved her. We listened and talked with each other. This next photo was on her good day. We took a little walk around their acre and looked at the flowers. I couldn't help but take a few photos of my cute parents in Idaho.
June 23 - Thursday
I LOVE this picture.
Dad, Isak and I put together leftover enchiladas for dinner.
My mom's health has not been the best. She tries so hard, but her body is going through a lot right now. Some days are good and others are not. Maybe that's why I cherished our time together so much more this time. I just loved our days together. I helped her (I hope), I served her and loved her. We listened and talked with each other. This next photo was on her good day. We took a little walk around their acre and looked at the flowers. I couldn't help but take a few photos of my cute parents in Idaho.
I love sunsets in Idaho. We stamped some more and then relaxed while watching a Hallmark movie.
Isak and Noah put together a 300 piece floor puzzle.
She drew a panda on the steamy mirror.
Almost done with the puzzle.
We went to Fong's for lunch.
Egg drop soup...
Isak and I shared the orange chicken.
It was warm enough today that they got the water toy and hose out. Here's the view from the window...they like doing play dough too. Grandma has the best play dough toys.
Sofie counted all of the keys on the piano. :)She drew a panda on the steamy mirror.
Almost done with the puzzle.
We went to Fong's for lunch.
Egg drop soup...
Isak and I shared the orange chicken.
As we were leaving, the missionaries were coming into eat lunch. My dad is so sweet and paid for their lunch secretly. My mom mentioned it to me later. I thought that was cool. I hope to do that some time.
We went to the sand dunes next and Egin Lakes. I took a lot of photos so those are on another post...

























































1 comment:
I love the pictures you got of Grandma and of Mom and Dad! So special!
Post a Comment