Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Time with Becky's Family

We dropped Nels off at the airport June 22-Monday.  I'm so grateful Nels drove us out to Utah and let us stay and have fun while he went back to work.  Thank you Nels!

After the airport, we headed to Aunt Melissa's.  Oh how the kids loved playing with their cousins! While they played Melissa, Abi and I talked about books we'd been reading.  Then we went to Walmart to buy a few things.  Melissa made Kung Poa Chicken for dinner.  Then we walked to Heritage park nearby so the kids could finally play on a playground!!

Nathan and Isak were buddies...
Sofie and Abi were buddies too.  
Noah gave me a cheesy grin on this little bridge.
And here's the happy face at the playground!
Special treatment on the way back...Kira on Uncle Karl's shoulders and Isak on Nathan's shoulders.  
The next day - 
Abi french braided Kira's hair so perfectly! And notice Kira's cute shirt?  Aunt Melissa made them all shirts.  So fun!
Here's Isak with his shirt and on a hoverboard.  Oh how fun.  I even got pretty good on the hoverboard...can't let the kids have all the fun!
Isak said this to Aunt Melissa and she loved it so much she put it on her quote board.   Isak felt so special and said to me, "I have a quote now."  :)
Nathan helped Noah with this remote control train.  Noah just played and played with all of the toys.  He loved it there.
Sofie figured out the hoverboard too.  Kira and Noah didn't get on it.  
They taught me the Harry Potter game.  Very fun!
Here's Kira and Lynzie in their matching t-shirts and braids.
Also, notice the photo display behind them?  That's for my little sister Jenny's bridal shower!   So cute, huh?!
Tyler and Noah walking together.  
We walked to see the horses.  The kids loved seeing them and petting them.
Especially our Kira girl.
Tyler was always super helpful with the kids.  He played with them and did activities with them.  So awesome.  And he taught Sofie and Noah how to make "i love you" in sign language.
We played some frisbee while the rest fed the horses.  Isak caught on pretty quick.  And then Abi and I were on a team to play keep away from Melissa and Karl.  So fun!
One more picture of Kira with the horse.
The next day - June 24
Melissa and I went shopping at Costco and two Walmarts to prep for Jenny's bridal shower.  Masks on!!
We put together party favors - "He popped the question" on a tag with popcorn.  Mom and Dad came to Melissa's.  We ate dinner and then left to prepare for the bridal shower that night. 

Here's the cute donut kabobs. 
The gift table.
The food...yogurt bar with granola and lots of toppings.  
And here's the lovely bride!!  
She got a lot of wonderful gifts and I was so happy for her!  Here's my niece Brianna with my great niece Navy.  They loved the blueberries!  So cute!
Uncle Karl was sweet and babysat our kids for me.  He sent me this picture while I was at the shower.  I laughed so hard!
June 25 -
We packed up and left Aunt Melissa's at 11 a.m.  I gave Sofie and Noah suckers while I finished loading the van...

A picture with all of the cousins!!
Mom rode in the van with me and we followed dad.  We stopped at Kari's for lunch.  She fed us delicious croissant ham and cheese sandwiches.  The kids loved playing with more cousins.  
It was nice to see Kari and her cute kids!
Then we finished our drive up to Idaho to begin another adventure.  

No comments: