Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Idaho! - Part 1

We stayed in Idaho from June 26th - July 8th.  It was fantastic.  The kids loved it and so did I.  
I took a lot of pictures and videos.  The last time the kids were in Idaho was four years ago.  Sofie and Noah were just three months old!  And Kira and Isak were 3.5.  Crazy!

June 26 - Friday
Grandpa made his famous pancakes and waffles.  The kids loved them.  And they liked grandma's homemade syrup.  
Here's Kira's toothless grin...  
Isak made his into a pancake egg sandwich.  
Noah loved exploring.  He sat on this blue swing for a while to watch everyone.  
He found John Deere.  So fun.
The kids enjoyed the playground set.  
More swinging for Noah.  
Grandma taught us how to make baguettes.  

The baguettes went great with her homemade Alfredo sauce and carrots.
I took the kids on a walk after dinner.  They loved these big dandelions...
We ended up at my grandma's house and just as we got there, I saw my cousin Jake and his daughter.  So fun to catch up with him!
The kids happily played in the dirt and dug up rocks while Jake and I talked.  
Here's my amazing Grandma Stewart.  92 years old and just so wonderful.  We chatted while the kids played and played.  
I showed Noah the tractors.  Blue, yellow and red tractors.  So fun.

I remember playing on this rope swing.  I remember playing in the barn and chasing the cows.  Just great memories. 
And this is the trampoline I would jump on when we visited grandmas.  :)  The kids were thrilled to play on the trampoline.

Then we walked home.  See on the left side of the picture the peaks of the Teton Mountains.  
And here's the sun setting behind G & G Swensen's house.  Beautiful country. 💛
June 27 - Saturday
Just hanging out with grandpa...
We got the water toy out and the hose going.  They poured water on the slide and had a blast.
Grandpa bought us burgers from Big J's so yummy and fry sauce too!  
Every day, and sometimes twice a day the kids ate popsicles and/or ice cream sandwiches.  Best summer treats.  

A little bowl of cereal before bedtime.  These two are so funny.  
June 28 - Sunday (I'll blog about all the Sunday's on a different post)  but I missed this one picture...
Melissa let us borrow her legos.  I made this tractor for Noah.  He loved it.  
June 29, Monday -
These two with their bears.  

Ready to go out in the cold morning.  
It was a rainy day so we stayed inside a lot.  So the kids made popsicle stick animals.  
I did some cosmic yoga with the kids.  Then I went to get my haircut/trimmed.  I love it.  I ran some errands at Walmart.  Then came back and helped make dinner.  
We got the wedding announcement for Jenny.  I'm so happy for her!!
The kids ate their treats and then watched Snow White.  
June 30, Tuesday -
We got Kira and Sofie's hair cut.  Kira went first.  
Before...
After...So cute!
Sofie had her very, very first haircut!!!
Before...
I didn't get a good after.  But it's super cute and nice and even!
Sitting on the cute purple bench for a picture.  
Even though it was cold and cloudy, we went to the park.  They loved this old merry go round.  


Kira and Isak played on this fire truck when they were 2.5 years old. 
And here they are 5 years later...💜
                             
Ready, set, go!  See those clouds gathering in the background...
All four swinging.

Noah was awesome at pushing the merry go round.  He did not want to sit on it.  

This is the park where Sofie learned how to do the fire pole.  She was so happy.  Kira helped her.  They gave each other a hug.
We went to Fong's Chinese restaurant with grandma and grandpa.  
The egg soup was a big hit.  And Isak really liked Chinese food.  
I helped make Cafe Rio copycat for dinner.  I played Sequence with the kids.  And then we watched Inspector Gadget at night.  Isak thought the movie was so funny.  

Noah found another Mickey Mouse that his cousin Kaden had left at grandma's house.  He snuggled both Mickey's and played with them the rest of our visit.  When it came time to return it to Kaden, I was gratefully surprised that Noah gave it back to Kaden without crying!  
And that's the end of June...so I'll continue our Idaho visit in July's posts...

No comments: