Thursday, August 6, 2020

May's Little Moments

Here are the little moments in May.

I loved my tulips and daffodils!

A moment alone with his book and food.  
I made pancakes one morning with the kids.  They thought it would be so yummy to put sprinkles and chocolate chips in the pancakes.  
Remote learning with Sofie and Noah...
Stencil time.  Any large cardboard boxes are immediately used for some type of project.  
Kira eating her pancake.
Sofie...with hers.
Making Mother's Day cards for grandma's. 
Sofie made the "i love you to pieces."  Isak made the superhero card.  And Kira made the "for the sweetest grandma."  Noah doesn't like to color.
We ended up in the urgent care this month.  Isak was playing around, fell off the couch and smacked his chin on the table.  His chin was split open pretty deep.  We weren't sure if he needed stitches so we called our neighbor who is a nurse to look at it.  She was so awesome.  She came right over and looked at it.  She said, "he'll need stitches."  She helped us find an urgent care and came with us to make sure we were well take care of!  Superstar.  

Isak ended up with 5 stitches.  He was super brave and didn't cry at the doctor office.  Very proud of him.  
I love this note from Kira to her Dad.  
"Dear Dad.  I love you with all my heart.  Thank you for your hugs, kisses, and dance parties.  Have a great day!  Love Kira."
Reading time...Isak is reading a book to the kids.  So nice.
This is what I got for Mother's day from the kids.  Even Noah colored a picture for me.  :)
Puzzle time.
Oh lovely daffodils.
All things fire truck!
MMmmm... I made these delicious banana chocolate chip bars from Mel's Kitchen.  So good.  
"Where's the Wookiee?"  Isak found them all.
Kira with her puzzles.


Isak built this rocket from K'nex.
Ticket to Ride for the family game.  Nels won.  
Block building with Noah.  I helped him build this giraffe and car.
We made these summer buckets for the primary kids.  
Coloring time.
Playing chess with Isak.  
Welcome to Walmart.  Masks required for entry.  
I'm loving my homemade pizza dough and pizza.  Mmmmm...
I had a little dough left over so Kira made them into cinnamon sugar sticks.  
I was so impressed with Isak and Kira's First Grade e-learning experience.  They had three projects that were research projects and then they put what they learned into a slide presentation.  For one of them, Kira learned about Fireflies.  This is an example of the worksheet they would work on.  They would read different books online to research each question.  Isak did his on Howler Monkeys.  I was just amazed that they were doing this in FIRST GRADE!!
Isak loves math.  I helped him learn multiplication better.  
Kira did this on her own, just for fun.  :)
Nels hung up our flag for Memorial Day.  It makes our home look even better.  
M&M blonde brownies.  Yum!
Oh Sofie.  I love you and all your unicorns.  
We did some salt painting.  I had seen it online and thought the kids would like to do it.  

Even Noah participated in this activity.  
Oh, we made this delicious steak and mango salad.  Superb!
And chocolate Oreo popsicles.  

Playing the piano.  Brothers.  💙
That's the end of May.  Lots of school learning at home, bike rides, and lots of taking care of four kids!  It's always busy and I often wonder what I would do without all these kiddos.  Life would be so boring, right?!  haha.  I'm grateful for the memories we have created.

No comments: