Wednesday, August 26, 2020

July 8 & 9

July 8 - Wednesday
We left at 9:30 a.m.  We stopped by great grandma's for one more hug and to give her a card Kira had made.  I'll miss the special time I had with her.  Then we drove straight down to Utah!  I drove by myself this time with the four kids.  They did great and actually slept most of the time.  I listened to an audiobook Farenheight 451.  We stopped once for a potty break...  And took a picture with the Utah sign. (Noah didn't want to be in the picture)
I thought since the kids did so well we'd go to the Corner Bakery for a nice lunch.  I got everyone inside and was almost to the front of the restaurant when Isak threw up all over the floor behind me!!  Ah!  So gross!  The two girls working the register politely said, "You need to wear masks to be in here."  I said, "Ok, but my son just threw up all over your floor!"  As they figured out what to do -- I put masks on the kids and cleaned up Isak in the bathroom.  I was so embarrassed.  So we snuck out and just left.  😂

We got food from Arctic Circles' drive thru and ate it at Mandi's.  The good thing -- Isak was only car sick and did not have the flu and the car and his clothes were clean and I didn't have to clean it up!  

We hung out at Mandi's for a while.  The kids played and jumped on the trampoline.  Kyson made the kids snow cones.  
We ate tacos for dinner.  Then we drove to Melissa's for the night.  
In the morning, we all went to the splash pad/park.  
I learned that my kids are not splash pad people.  They cried when water got splashed on their heads!  So we left after not too long.
Instead the kids loved swimming in the pool in Melissa's backyard...except Noah.  Noah stayed inside and played with trains, cars and other toys.  He spent a lot of time following Uncle Karl around.  He loves Uncle Karl.  :)

After dinner we walked to the park.
We helped clean the pavilion at the park to prep for Jenny's luncheon after her wedding.  Then I drove to SLC airport and picked up Nels.
I'm so, so grateful Nels flew out to be with our family for Jenny's Wedding!!  And that's what happened the next day...July 10.

No comments: