Wednesday, August 26, 2020

4th of July

Oops!  I forgot the 4th of July!!

Look at my cute kids!!!๐Ÿ’™


My kids just wanted to go to great grandma's house.  ๐Ÿ˜Š  So cute.  Here's Noah waiting for great grandma to come to the door.
So sweet.
It was hot!  We didn't stay too long and poor Isak hurt his neck on the trampoline.  So after we got home he took a long nap.
While he was napping, my dad took me and the three kids in my grandpa's green pick up.  It was my Grandpa Swensen's birthday today...July 4th.  So in a way it was honoring and remembering him.  I loved it...even with our little mishap...
We drove over to St. Anthony.  The gas was low so my dad pulled into Maverick to fill up the pick up with gas.  When he tried to turn the pick up back on nothing happened.  It wouldn't start.  :(  We tried a couple of times.  So Dad called my mom and she brought Isak and the white pickup with some rope.  
Dad tied a rope to the two pick ups and mom pulled the green pick up until it started up!  Yay!
While we were waiting for my mom to come help us we just hung out in the pick up.  People filling up their cars with gas came over and complimented the pick up.  So fun.  I liked what one woman said, "I don't know what's cuter the pick up or the cute kids inside."  ๐Ÿ˜€

Then we got ice cream at Arctic Circle.  Mmmmm.    The ice cream was melting fast on the hot summer day.  As I tried to help all the kids and eat my own -- I found it to be very difficult.   Then we were on the road with the windows rolled down and the wind began blowing my chocolate ice cream into my face and hair.  Noah was on my lap with his vanilla ice cream melting on me too!  I didn't have enough hands, "What should I do dad?!"  He said, "Throw the ice cream out the window."  So I chucked my ice cream out the window!!  It was much easier to help everyone after that and the kids laughed about the ice cream flying out the window.
 After we got home, the kids ran through the sprinklers.  We had delicious hamburgers for dinner.  Then I took the kids back over to great grandma's house.  
At night, my parents gave the kids glow sticks for a safe version of fireworks.  They loved them!  Then we went to bed.  A memorable 4th of July.  And I loved our Red, White and Blue shirts!

No comments: