Saturday, January 11, 2025

Oct 26 - 31 - Moments & Halloween

Oct 26 - 31, 2024
Moments and Halloween
Oct. 26 - 
We went to Red Robin for Nels's birthday burger.  

Sunday pictures:

Walking and cubing. :)
We walked to the mailbox.  Very eventful.  Haha.

Chicken Foot.
Dinner as a family:  Sweet Potatoes and BBQ chicken.
Nels's birthday apple pie.
Sofie and Noah playing together.  :)
Oct. 30 - Temple trip 

On my way home from the temple I called my mom.  She happened to be at my Grandma Stewart's home.  I got to talk with grandma and hear her voice say, "Hi Becky.  I love you."  I'm so grateful for this moment.  It was the last time I heard her voice.  She passed away Nov. 8th, 2024.  Nine days later.  I'm so grateful for this tender mercy of hearing her voice and going to the temple.  Eternal things matter!

Here's a picture of my parents, grandma and Jenny with Lydia and Forrest on Oct 30th. 
I don't remember what happened.  But this was before school.  Sofie, Pooh and Noah hug.  💜
Treats for the neighbors.  M&M bars and candy.

Oct 31, 2024 - Halloween:
I picked Isak up early from Archery, but we still got stuck in traffic.  Sofie and Noah made their own spider sandwiches and got their costumes on, so that we could leave right when Isak and I got home.  
We took some pictures.  Isak was Dracula this time.






Then we went trick or treating around our neighborhood.  Sofie's friend Brooklynn, her sister Jaelynn and her mom Kristen came with us.  It rained the whole time!  Lots of rain too!  We took two umbrellas (all we had).  Some kids wore boots - rain or winter boots.  The kids all wanted to still go.  So we went!  We walked house to house around the block.  Penny's house, Gia & Dominick, Zuri and Amani's house.  The whole street, both sides.  Then we went up and down another street with our friend's the Hensley's house.  Since it was raining and not a lot of kids out - people gave the kids handfuls of candy.  They got a lot of candy and we went to fewer houses!  

I loved seeing Kira's big smile as she ran house to house in the rain - wearing her unicorn rain boots and purple rain jacket.  She seriously was so happy!  Joyful!  And I loved watching her and the kids trick or treat in the rain.  

Nels got us a Papa Murphy's pepperoni pumpkin pizza for dinner too.  
The kids had a successful trick or treating season.  Probably the most candy they've gotten!
Here's Sofie and Kira's stores:

And that's all for October 2024!

No comments: