Nov. 24 - 26 - Dollywood!
We left for Dollywood on Sunday, November 24.
A short 4 hour drive later we arrived at our hotel. We stayed at Home2 in Pigeon Forge. You can see the Ferris wheel in the background, if you look closely.
We ate dinner at McAlister's.
Yum! It's our favorite, because there's something on the menu that everyone likes!
Nels took all 4 kids swimming. I popped down to take some pictures. :)
Noah can dive to the bottom and get a ring! He's grown so much in his water abilities.
After a good night sleep...
November 25, Monday -
Day 1 - Dollywood
We left for Dollywood at 10:40 a.m. They opened at 11 a.m. Unfortunately, everyone had the same idea as us and Dollywood was packed!! Long lines, for rides and just to get into the park! It took us an hour to park and get into the park.
Finally, on the shuttle bus to take us to the park...
We were kind of worried about the long lines, but it worked out. They kept the park open an hour later to help accommodate the crowds.
Love this picture of Sofie and Noah holding hands and skipping.
First ride for me, Sofie and Noah was the Tree Top Acorn ride. Behind it is the Mystery mine and Eagle ride. Nels, Kira and Isak went on the Mystery Mine and Tornado rides.
This ride makes me so dizzy...eyes closed. :)
Black Bear Trail ride...
Sofie and I went on the leaping frog ride. It was too jumpy for Noah.
Souvenir shopping:
Isak got a snake named Spicy, Kira chose a horse named Ginger, Sofie got a red panda named Crimson, and Noah picked a bear named Gummy. :) They love their souvenirs.
Sofie went with Nels and the older kids to do the big rides. Noah and I went on Dumbo and the carousel ride.
Noah was so sweet and we had a great time. We took lots of pictures of him with all of the things. :)
Nels and I lost contact with each other for a little bit. Our phone reception wouldn't work. We eventually met up at Lumber Jack's and ate pizza for dinner.
Then I went on some big rides with Sofie, Kira and Isak. We went on Eagle and Dragonfly. My kids are amazing. They pose for the camera!! I just grimace and scream.
All of the kids went together on the Treetop Acorn ride.
And then the last ride was Nels, Sofie, Kira and Isak on Thunderhead.
We stayed until 10 pm and made it back to the hotel by 11ish. The weather was so nice all day and very enjoyable.
Nov. 26, Tuesday
Day 2 - Dollywood
Short lines this time! Yay! We stayed from 11 a.m to 9 pm. Weather was a little colder today, but still great!
Noah and I spent most of the day together and we had the best time.
Of course, lots of pictures of him with everything.
We did meet up with the group and went on the Dolly Express train together.
We ate cinnamon bread. So yummy.
Then we rode Dumbo, tea cups and the carousel together.
Then Nels and the three kids went and did more big rides.
Noah and I went on the Rockin' Roadway ride. He loved it.
We walked around...
Lots of Noah and Gummy pictures.
Noah and I ate dinner together. Then later, I went on some rides with Sofie, Kira and Isak. I went on Eagle, Dragonfly and Drop Line. Big Bear Mountain was closed, so that was a bummer. Nels, Sofie, Kira and Isak went on Tornado 6 times! Also, Eagle, Mystery Mine and Fire Chaser.
As we were leaving the park, Santa came out on the balcony and fake snow was falling. It was a great way to end the day.
We all made some good memories.
We drove home the next day. And got ready for Thanksgiving.































































No comments:
Post a Comment