November was crazy and busy. Birthdays, Thanksgiving and Moving thirty plus hours away to a new home.
I did manage to take a few pictures. Here's the odds and ends...
One Sunday after church. Isn't Kira just a beautiful girl?
Just love her smiles.My handsome Isak hopped in for a pic too.
All four kids chilling with me for a bit.
I met Nels for lunch in Gilroy at a place called Garlic City Cafe. We ordered garlic soup to share and I had the garlic chicken sandwich. Lots of garlic, but it was delicious. Nels tried to get a pic. See my hand around Sofie's arm. She's a handful.
I love Kira's drawings. She'll notice something and then try to draw it. Like someone going down the slide. Or swinging.Daddy brought home some treats. A cinnamon roll as big as Isak's face!
Little Noah growing up.
Sometimes life is hard. So mom wraps you up in a blanket and puts a show on for you to watch. :)
Sofie loves to wear Kira's stuff...boots and coat.
We went to Nels's work party. And we actually won something! A sound system speaker. We left soon after he won.
Nov. 17 I took the kids to school to say good bye to their friends. Kira had the flu two days before...and the 17th was their last day of school before the move. So we got ready and I took them to school during the morning recess to say good bye. They were so cute.
Here's Isak's friend Jonathon.
Here's Miss Heidi one of the teacher helpers.Here's their first TK teacher, Miss Ramdass. We got all their projects and homework. It was sad to say good bye, but I'm so glad I took them to say good bye.
We prepped for the move over the weekend. Then on Nov. 20th the movers came! While they packed, I packed everything we needed to make it until our stuff came. The kids were all pretty good. The older ones colored on the packing paper.
Loaders came 8 a.m. on Tuesday. They took longer than anyone thought because they packed it wrong and had to redo it so the bed could be on top, flat with nothing on it. The babies napped in their carseats in the car while we waited. The big kids colored in their car seats for a long time. I cleaned the house. Nels and I took turns being with the kids and cleaning.
Finally all packed, all cleaned at 3:30 p.m. So we did a final walk through of the house, locked it up took one last pic and drove away.
We ate at McDonald's in Morgan Hill. Then we drove to Sacramento. Traffic was terrible, lots of stop and go. I started to feel sick. Luckily, I had a little kid bowl and I threw up in it. Then a little later I threw up again! The second time the throw up sloshed over the bowl and onto my clothes. Soooo gross and stinky! I was so happy to make it to our hotel! We got everyone ready for bed and went to sleep around ten p.m.
The next day, Wednesday Nov 22. I lived through my nightmare today. We thought I might do better if I drove. Thankfully I had some peppermint oil that kept the nausea under control. I grabbed lots of paper cups from the hotel. And boy, did we need them. I didn't throw up. But poor Isak did--a lot! The road started getting windy going through the mountains by Lake Tahoe. Isak threw up all over. We had to change all of his clothes and Nels cleaned up his car seat the best he could. He threw up all over twice. Then the next 8 times he threw up in all those hotel cups and cups from McDonalds. Poor boy. Even a sip of water and he would throw it up twenty minutes later. I only drove 200 miles and then Nels and I switched so I could take care of all of the kids. One time Isak timed it great at a gas station and threw up in the toilet. Another time he started throwing up and then Sofie did to! So I got both of them cups and caught most of it. Thankfully only one throw up for Sofie. Noah, Kira and Nels stayed healthy! Kira colored the whole trip. So after 10 hours, we finally arrived in Utah at Nels's parents home around 9:30 p.m.
Isak woke up once and threw up. Any time he drank even a little water he'd throw up. I was so worried. I kept putting essential oils on him. My parents and siblings were at my parents house. They all had a big family prayer for Isak. And then Isak didn't throw up anymore! SO grateful! Isak laid around most of the day. But by the time dinner came around he was able to eat Thanksgiving dinner and keep it down! :) We mostly cleaned up from all of the throw up. Nels deep cleaned the car seat and I worked on the laundry.
Donna and Kira working on the whip cream for Thanksgiving dinner.
Lots of wonderful and delicious food!!
This toy kept all four kids entertained!
We watched the Parade and dog show. Then my favorite part was when we popped popcorn and watched Polar Express. November 24 - Friday. No throw up all day! Britta and Kierstin came over in the morning. We took a few pictures and packed.
We left around 10 or 11. We had a nice drive and stayed in Cheyenne, WY at Little America. We ate at the fancy restaurant there since Nels's company was paying for our food as we traveled. I got the turkey dinner because I hadn't gotten my fill yet! We had ice cream too. Then we all went to bed.
Nov. 25 Saturday. We ate at IHOP for breakfast. Isak ordered a huge cupcake pancake. He thought it was the best. We found lunch at Old Chicago Pizza somewhere in Nebraska. So yummy.
Car sleeping pictures.
They only napped for about 1-2 hours a day. The rest of the time they played, ate and whined.We ended up at the Embassy Suites just outside of Omaha.
In the elevator at the hotel.
Nov. 26 Sunday...Last day of driving! After our big breakfast at the hotel we drove through Iowa. We made it to our house around 6 p.m. My first time seeing it in person...at least the outside of it. We ate at Chili's for dinner and stayed at Hampton Inn & Suites in St. Charles.
Nov 27 Monday - Closing Day! We were out the door by 7:30 a.m. Then we drove to our blue house for a walk through. To be honest, I was worried The house needed some work. Everything seemed dirty and the carpet was terrible But the layout and space were perfect. So I just kept thinking about that! We closed on our house at 9 a.m. The older kids were so good. The babies were tired and only wanted me but didn't want to sit quietly. I did my best, but by the end I was DONE!
After we closed, we met the wood floor people at the house. We got our floors refinished. It took us a while to pick out the color of our stain. We ended up going as dark as the wood would let us. I think it was called walnut something. Thankfully, we love it. It was warm enough the kids got to play at the park just five or so houses down the street from us. We were all exhausted by the end of the day.
Nov. 28 Tuesday. I did laundry in the hotel. And we had to change hotel rooms because our room was booked for that night. We didn't reserve a room ahead of time because we weren't sure of how long we would be needing one...so we went day by day.
Nov 29, Wednesday. Last day at the hotel! The carpet came! Yay! So before we moved in we refinished the wood floors and put all new carpet in. We went to Costco and got some food and other supplies for our house.
Nov. 30. Nels went to work and I went to the house to meet the movers. The movers came at 8:30 a.m. Thankfully, we have a neighbor two doors down that is a member of our church and she came over to help me with the kids! What a blessing/miracle that was! The movers got done around 3 p.m. I unpacked a bit. I looked for bedding and anything else we might need to make a simple dinner and be able to go to bed that night.
Nels didn't get home until 9:40 p.m. that night. I'm not sure who was more tired! It was a long day!
One of the days we checked out the library. It's cute and they have a large kid area.
Costco girls!
And that is what happened in November! The move took up most of our time. Looking back I'm so glad we're done with it! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment