Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Christmas Eve and Day-2017

I wrapped all the gifts in the morning.  Then we went to church for one hour.  We took pictures after church with everyone in their Sunday clothes.  Then we took naps.  We actually made a traditional Christmas Eve Dinner!  Ham (free from Nels's work) mashed potatoes (Costco), Stuffing, roll and apple pie (both from Costco)  I made some green beans, but they didn't cook long enough and weren't good.  I had a bowl of fruit-raspberries, strawberries and bananas that the kids loved.  Sofie and Noah loved the ham too.  

We started to clean dishes.  The water from the sink gets so hot.  So Nels went down to the basement to adjust the temp.  But he discovered the water filtration system was leaking and had already created a large pool of water!  So he figured out how to shut the system off and stop the leaking.  Then we took towels and soaked up the water and wrung the water out in a bucket.  Fun activity to do on Christmas Eve...

Isak was so excited to open his one gift.  We said after dishes were done we would do let them open one gift.  So he said, "What can I do to help?" ! Yay!  So he loaded the dishwasher and washed the table.  Good helper.  We unwrapped pajamas.  Everyone got penguins this year!  Isak and Kira also unwrapped one other gift.

I got a few pics...they make me smile...and laugh.
Noah already drooled on his jammies...teething is rough.
Sofie is doing her little shoulder shrug.
Both babies loved to inspect the lights on the tree.
And occasionally reach an ornament.

I read the Christmas Sweater to the older kids and Nels read Twas the Night Before Christmas.  Then off to bed.
Nels and I put the gifts out and took pictures and then we went to bed!

As kids woke up we kept them in our room.  I think Isak was the last one to wake up.  This pic is while we were waiting for Nels to use the bathroom.  Then we all went downstairs.  
The kids opened their stocking gifts- stickers and pez, slippers for Sophie and a car for Noah.  Then the babies were hungry.  So we made sausage, eggs and blueberry muffins (Costco).   After breakfast, we resumed opening gifts.  The kids were pretty happy with their gifts.
Noah got this awesome garbage truck.

Sofie enjoyed opening up this gift.
Noah and Sofie got this train to share.
Isak loved his robot gear lego set.
Kira loved her magnet dollhouse.
And her doctor set.
Lots of giving and receiving.  I think everyone was pretty happy.  We Facetimed both parents and took naps.  We dressed everyone up to go outside to play in the snow.  Noah refused to go out.  Sofie ran out into the snow, tripped and got snow on her face and hands.  She was mad and cold and came inside.  The snow was not right to build a snowman so Isak, Kira and Nels ran around and made snow angels.  I consoled the babies and we watched from the patio window...yes, I was dressed up ready to go outside too, but it just didn't work out.

After the babies went to bed, Nels and I played Chutes and Ladders (gift from Nels's parents) with Isak and Kira.  It was a great Christmas Day!  We are grateful for Jesus Christ and the gifts He has given to us!

No comments: