We got lots of snow in January. It's so beautiful when it snows. I love watching the snowflakes fall and feeling all cozy inside the house. It's so cold here though we didn't get to play in the snow very much. But finally there was a warmer day. So I bundled up Isak and Kira and we headed to the nearby park for some fun in the snow. I had fun too. I helped them build a snowman, make giant snowballs and of course, take pictures.
Here's our snowman.I taught them how to roll a snowball and how to make it bigger. It was good snow for it.
Snow angels.
Here's Kira's big snowball. She was pretty proud of herself.
I showed them how to make a "maze" too.
This is the big snowball I made. I forgot how heavy snow can be when it's all balled up!
Then we walked home. On our walk home, all of the sudden Kira face planted it into the little snow hills along the way and yells, "cannon ball!" So funny. She decided she likes snow now. They played in the backyard for a while.
After everyone came in, a little girl desperately wanted to go out. She found Kira's coat and boots and insisted on wearing them. I couldn't say no, even though it was getting cold, I let her out and she was thrilled.
Snowy house in the early morning.
Another day in January, it was a super warm day...in the 40's! So we went for a walk. There are walking trails all over our subdivision. I think they advertise 17 miles of trails. So we all enjoyed walking together.
Sofie loved getting out and walking.
Noah...not so much. He hunched his shoulders up and was not happy about walking. It made me laugh.
I walked with him for a bit and then we put him back in the stroller.
Sofie on the other hand ran ahead of everyone and was super happy.
We all just tried to keep up with Sofie. She walked for about 30 minutes before she started to fall behind and trip a lot. She wasn't happy to go back in the stroller though. Isak and Kira ran and walked, picked up sticks, talked and sang. They loved being outdoors. Kira is very observant. When we walked by the houses she would point out windows, decor and colors. She said she had a lovely time. It was good for all of us to get out of the house!
And that's all. Honestly, we got outside two days in January. Eek! The wind here is very chilly! And the temps got below zero...like -15 and -20. So any warmer day, we tried to do something.



No comments:
Post a Comment