Saturday, May 26, 2018

Chicago Auto Show Feb 2018

Our big event for February 2018 was the Chicago Auto Show!!  Nels took the day off and we drove to Chicago for a fun day.  Nels was pretty excited to share this favorite tradition with the kids.  Nels and I have been going to car shows all throughout our marriage.  I imagine it's something we will do with our kids annually.  So here are the pics...
See our little family under the big globe sign?
I was surprised and happy how much our kids enjoyed the car show.  All the kids loved getting in and out of the cars!  Doesn't Kira look cute in this car?
Isak was just tall enough to go on the Jeep obstacle course with Nels.  The rest of us watched.  They got to ride in this yellow Jeep.
Toyota had a course too and I took Isak and Kira on that one.
Sofie was thrilled to be out of the stroller and she actually stayed fairly close to a parent and didn't run off like I thought she would.  I love this pic of her and Isak.  Although she looks all grown up!! :(
Even Noah participated, after observing for a while.
All four lined up, but it's kind of hard to see Sofie down at the end.
There was a snow globe with snow that came down every so often.  That was pretty cool.
There was this animation Star Wars thing.  The kids became troopers...so funny.  That's me in the pink cardigan and camera.

Sofie posed for me...
Noah did too.
Cute little toddlers.
And Nels jumped in a pic too.
Watch out, Isak is driving.  haha.
We ate our lunch that we brought from home and spent about five hours total at the car show.  Then we headed out.  On our way out we took these last few pictures.

Family picture...
And our selfie.
I'm so glad the outing went better than I thought.  Isak got a little car sick and almost threw up, but he didn't.  Yay!  We made it home safe and sound.  Excited to go again next year!

No comments: