November 10, 2017 - Nels took the day off. We went on my wild crazy idea. The goal for the day was to get a cute family pic at a cool place. I dressed everyone in plaid. Kira and Sofie had matching pink plaid. I really wanted to see Point Bonita Lighthouse, but it's only open on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I knew that! But for some reason I had it in my head that it was open. So anyways here's how the day went. We loaded up the van and I packed an awesome picnic and the kids's boots. Why boots? Because it was a rainy day as we drove to San Francisco!
We arrived at the Golden Gate Park and the kids loved jumping in puddles. Well, the older ones did. Then the rain stopped, the sun came out. The kids played on the playground.
It was a cool playground. Ah! A giant wave. :)
The babies got out for a bit. It's stressful when they are up and about.
Then we had our picnic with strawberries and sandwiches and hostess chocolate cupcakes to celebrate Isak and Kira's birthday.
They loved the cupcakes.
There were these cool steps. I asked Nels to take a pic of me.
Then we loaded the car and I thought I should call the lighthouse to see if it was open. Um no, of course not on Friday. I was soooo sad and mad at myself! A dumb mistake. I was so upset, I said let's just go home. As we are going on the freeway we came to a split - one way to San Jose (home), one way to Oakland. It hit me - let's go to the temple! Nels didn't even hesitate and took the exit to Oakland. We arrived and there was rain here and there. I started to take pics of the family, when a Sister came up to me. She said she was a temple missionary photographer! She wanted to take our family picture. So she spent about a half hour taking our pics in front of the temple....to be continued on the next post...
No comments:
Post a Comment