Just so you know there are about 128 photos in this post!! We did a lot during our time with Melissa and her family. We arrived at lunch time on June 20th. We hung out and got reacquainted. :)
Lunch:Then we got dressed up and went to the Saratoga Springs Temple Open House. What a great experience! I'm so grateful the kids got to walk through the temple. It's beautiful! I loved the purple in the celestial room. Here's the photos from our time there:
It was super windy!! My hair was wild!
So sweet of Isak trying to help me!
Lynzie and Melissa. 💜
Here's Melissa in her purple mini van with her kids. Purple is her favorite color!
Nathan and Sofie made the yummiest chocolate cookies.
We ate cookies and played games.
Here's Noah sleeping...
Aunt Melissa is the best hair stylist. The girls loved having Melissa fix their hair.
More games. :)
And cookies. :)
Then we went on an adventure!
We hiked to the Timpanogos Cave and took the tour of the caves! So cool! Here's our before picture - before we hiked 1.5 miles up the steep mountain!
And here we go...
The kids did great. The kids loved talking with Tyler and took turns talking with him. :)
So steep!
But pretty.
Making cairns. I tried to get them to take a video saying the youth theme since the cairn is the picture that goes with the theme. "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
But I just got pictures instead. :)
We made it to the cave entrance!
Then we did the tour.
We learned a lot about the different formations and the history/discovery of the caves.
Here's the "Heart of Timpanogos."
Tight spaces with stairs. It was so fun to hike through.
This is the bacon formation. :)
All done! Oh, the cave was 45 degrees inside. It's always 45 degrees. So that's why the kids have jackets.
Now to go back down!
I found some colored flowers.
Cool rocks.
All done! We all took pictures with the bat ears...
And here's our after picture! Tired but happy!
Isak loved jumping off the platform.
And a quick soak in the hot tub.
We even played Pandemic before bed. We did a lot! It was a great day.
June 22 - was a little more laid back...
We went to Jeremy's pool again. Kira loved her unicorn tube. Sadly, it had a small hole. So we had to refill it every 15 minutes or so!
Sibling Dinner! We went out to dinner at Burger and Barley. It was yummy and so fun to talk with everyone! Karl watched the kids for me. Yay! Thank you!
June 23 - Friday:
And here we go...
The kids did great. The kids loved talking with Tyler and took turns talking with him. :)
So steep!
But pretty.
Making cairns. I tried to get them to take a video saying the youth theme since the cairn is the picture that goes with the theme. "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
But I just got pictures instead. :)
We made it to the cave entrance!
Then we did the tour.
We learned a lot about the different formations and the history/discovery of the caves.
Here's the "Heart of Timpanogos."
Tight spaces with stairs. It was so fun to hike through.
This is the bacon formation. :)
All done! Oh, the cave was 45 degrees inside. It's always 45 degrees. So that's why the kids have jackets.
Now to go back down!
I found some colored flowers.
All done! We all took pictures with the bat ears...
And here's our after picture! Tired but happy!
Believe it or not, we still had energy to go swimming at my brother's pool!!
We had a great time swimming and playing volleyball.Isak loved jumping off the platform.
And a quick soak in the hot tub.
We even played Pandemic before bed. We did a lot! It was a great day.
June 22 - was a little more laid back...
We went to Jeremy's pool again. Kira loved her unicorn tube. Sadly, it had a small hole. So we had to refill it every 15 minutes or so!
Sibling Dinner! We went out to dinner at Burger and Barley. It was yummy and so fun to talk with everyone! Karl watched the kids for me. Yay! Thank you!
June 23 - Friday:
We went to Harvey Park. I loved being at a fun park! We miss awesome parks.
Noah was my buddy. Noah wanted me to follow him around and do what he did.
Yummy salad!
And mac & cheese for kids. :)
Melissa left for Idaho with Lynzie and Nathan. The kids gave her a big good bye.
They are so afraid of Rosy. Haha.
Karl and Nathan took us repelling in American Fork Canyon. Wow! What an experience!
We started at this one...But Kira, Isak and I only made it a little bit and then we quit. It was SO scary!!!
Noah loved the hammock.
Hiking up to the top of the cliff.
Here's Nathan showing us how to do it.
Here's Isak watching Nathan go down.
We moved to another area to try again.
Here's the second place we tried.
There was a small ledge that we practiced on. Much better! We all practiced and learned how it felt and what to do. Even Sofie did the little ledge.
Sofie and Noah's cairn.
Here's Kira...
Isak went down the big one a couple of times. Sofie went up to the top, but didn't go down. I went down twice. The first time I did not go over the edge straight, so when I repelled, I was launched over to the side and I smacked my body against the rocks. I hurt my elbow. It was bleeding. Luckily, Karl had some bandaids. So I got to try it again. I tell ya, I haven't felt that scared in a long time. Stepping over the edge...wow. Terrifying. And I like heights! Haha! Once I was over the edge, it was great and fun! Will I go again? Probably!
Noah was my buddy. Noah wanted me to follow him around and do what he did.
Yummy salad!
And mac & cheese for kids. :)
Melissa left for Idaho with Lynzie and Nathan. The kids gave her a big good bye.
They are so afraid of Rosy. Haha.
Karl and Nathan took us repelling in American Fork Canyon. Wow! What an experience!
We started at this one...But Kira, Isak and I only made it a little bit and then we quit. It was SO scary!!!
Noah loved the hammock.
Hiking up to the top of the cliff.
Here's Nathan showing us how to do it.
Here's Isak watching Nathan go down.
We moved to another area to try again.
Here's the second place we tried.
There was a small ledge that we practiced on. Much better! We all practiced and learned how it felt and what to do. Even Sofie did the little ledge.
Sofie and Noah's cairn.
Here's Kira...
Isak went down the big one a couple of times. Sofie went up to the top, but didn't go down. I went down twice. The first time I did not go over the edge straight, so when I repelled, I was launched over to the side and I smacked my body against the rocks. I hurt my elbow. It was bleeding. Luckily, Karl had some bandaids. So I got to try it again. I tell ya, I haven't felt that scared in a long time. Stepping over the edge...wow. Terrifying. And I like heights! Haha! Once I was over the edge, it was great and fun! Will I go again? Probably!
We packed up and left the Judson's. Sniff, sniff.
































































































































No comments:
Post a Comment