July 6 - Thursday.
We left G&G's at 12 pm. We drove straight to Kari's. No stopping!! I listened to The Gap and the Gain and some of Magical Misfits with the kids. Once we arrived, we ate some creamy's. Mmmmm.
No picture, but Kari and I played a round or two of tetherball. So fun. I took a little nap...We ate dinner...Kari made enchiladas. Then Kari and I went to an Inklings meeting. It was very spiritually filling.
June 7 - Friday
A few pics from the day. It was a low key day...I got some groceries and got the car ready for our trip back. Also, did some laundry.
My sweet family met us at Tibblefork Reservoir in American Fork Canyon to have some fun together.
We ate a picnic lunch and lots of snacks.
I just loved our view.
Everyone took turns kayaking and paddle boarding.
As the day went, people had to leave and I had to say good bye. Not my favorite. Bye Jenny and Lydia. 😢
Bye Mandi, Kyson and Teaghan. 😢
Cool Jeep in the mountains.
I took a few pictures of the kids.
Uncle Karl spent a lot of time with Sofie and Noah paddling them around. :)
I even got out on the water.
It was Kari and Jared's wedding anniversary. So nice of them to spend it with me. :)
I brought raspberry filled white donuts. Yum. I just loved talking with my sisters!
It got a little windy, so Jared held up the canopies. :)
Me and Lynzie.
I was taking a load to the car when I looked over and saw a girl standing on the branches of the tree holding a rope and preparing to jump into the rather cold water. I thought, "Someday, I hope to be brave like her." Then I realized the girl was my amazing niece Lynzie!! She's brave and fun and compassionate.
Last good bye...Bye Melissa, Tyler, Nathan and Lynzie. 😢
We drove back to Kari's house and got cleaned up. Sofie and Khloe gave me and Kari a spa day too. :)
Then off to bed. Kira and Sadie slept in their cool tent bed.
July 9 - Sunday
Noah really enjoyed Moose. :)
So did Kira.
Kira playing the piano.
Basketball. I played some with Isak.
The girls did a spa day for Kari and me.
They were so cute. They washed our faces and feet and put lip stuff on and hair things. :)
Cousins!
Kari, Jared and I went to Orlando's for some delicious Mexican food.
July 8 - Saturday
So did Kira.
Kira playing the piano.
Basketball. I played some with Isak.
The girls did a spa day for Kari and me.
They were so cute. They washed our faces and feet and put lip stuff on and hair things. :)
Cousins!
Kari, Jared and I went to Orlando's for some delicious Mexican food.
July 8 - Saturday
Kaden has been gardening this summer. He's so cute and calls himself a farmer. He let me pick a tomato and lettuce for my sandwich.
My sweet family met us at Tibblefork Reservoir in American Fork Canyon to have some fun together.
We ate a picnic lunch and lots of snacks.
I just loved our view.
Everyone took turns kayaking and paddle boarding.
As the day went, people had to leave and I had to say good bye. Not my favorite. Bye Jenny and Lydia. 😢
Bye Mandi, Kyson and Teaghan. 😢
Cool Jeep in the mountains.
I took a few pictures of the kids.
Uncle Karl spent a lot of time with Sofie and Noah paddling them around. :)
I even got out on the water.
It was Kari and Jared's wedding anniversary. So nice of them to spend it with me. :)
I brought raspberry filled white donuts. Yum. I just loved talking with my sisters!
It got a little windy, so Jared held up the canopies. :)
Me and Lynzie.
I was taking a load to the car when I looked over and saw a girl standing on the branches of the tree holding a rope and preparing to jump into the rather cold water. I thought, "Someday, I hope to be brave like her." Then I realized the girl was my amazing niece Lynzie!! She's brave and fun and compassionate.
Last good bye...Bye Melissa, Tyler, Nathan and Lynzie. 😢
We drove back to Kari's house and got cleaned up. Sofie and Khloe gave me and Kari a spa day too. :)
Then off to bed. Kira and Sadie slept in their cool tent bed.
July 9 - Sunday
We packed up and left at 9:30 a.m.
We listened to a General Conference talk. Then I listened to The Gap and the Gain, The Princess Fugitive and the kids and I finished listening to Magical Misfits book #2. So good!
We ate lunch at McDonald's and the kids loved the touch screen games at our table.
This is my favorite road to drive on...straight, no exits, 200-300 miles. Perfect for listening to a book and not worrying about missing a turn/exit.
We ate at Maverick for dinner in Sidney, NE and spent the night at a Hampton Inn.
July 10 - Monday
This is my favorite road to drive on...straight, no exits, 200-300 miles. Perfect for listening to a book and not worrying about missing a turn/exit.
We ate at Maverick for dinner in Sidney, NE and spent the night at a Hampton Inn.
July 10 - Monday
This is how we roll....
We drove through Nebraska today. We listened to the General Conference talk "Christlike Poise." We sang "I'm a Child of God." I finished listening to The Gap and the Gain. We stopped at McDonalds and Casey's gas station somewhere...
We drove through Nebraska today. We listened to the General Conference talk "Christlike Poise." We sang "I'm a Child of God." I finished listening to The Gap and the Gain. We stopped at McDonalds and Casey's gas station somewhere...
Then we made it to McAlister's for dinner in Overland Park, KS.
We stayed at a Homewood Suites, room 424.
We stayed at a Homewood Suites, room 424.
July 11 - Tuesday
We left at 9:30 a.m.
We listened to the General Conference talk "Focus on Christ" and sang "A Child's Prayer." I finished listening to Princess Fugitive. And started listening to the Princess Pact.
We listened to the General Conference talk "Focus on Christ" and sang "A Child's Prayer." I finished listening to Princess Fugitive. And started listening to the Princess Pact.
We ate lunch at another McDonald's on the Illinois side of St. Louis. We made it home at 7:45 p.m. We unloaded the van and relaxed for a bit before bed. I think Nels was glad to have all of us back home. 😀
What a trip! We had a great time and it was worth the six days of driving. The kids and I actually like the driving part. We listen to books, they play their kindles and other things. We eat junk food and sleep in hotels. Then we get to see family and just be with everyone. I'm thankful Nels lets us do this and supports us along the way. 💙
What a trip! We had a great time and it was worth the six days of driving. The kids and I actually like the driving part. We listen to books, they play their kindles and other things. We eat junk food and sleep in hotels. Then we get to see family and just be with everyone. I'm thankful Nels lets us do this and supports us along the way. 💙



























































No comments:
Post a Comment