Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Happy Birthday Isak and Kira!

 Kira and Isak turned 9 years old!!!  What?!

I wanted to do something special so I made this balloon garland.  I even bought an electric air pump that made blowing up these balloons so easy!  It was fun to make and I'm glad I did it.  The kids loved it too.

No school for the kids which made the day even more special!  Isak and Kira opened gifts first thing in the morning.  

Sofie gave Kira the birthday crown. 
Kira got sleeping masks.  She asked for them.  :)
Isak got a crystal 3D puzzle of an elephant. 
Other gifts for Isak included: glow in the dark basketball and hoop from Noah, punching balloon from Sofie, a fidget cube, 3D world puzzle, Discovery Mindblown circuit set and $20 to pick out his own gift (because I didn't know what else to give him!)
Kira received a My Little Pony coloring book from Noah, origami paper, 12 hatchimals with wings and girl colored magnets.  She also received a $20 bill in a card.   
Grandma and Grandpa Nyborg gave Isak a giant Science book that he loves and I often see him reading...then he asks me a gazillion questions too and I say, "I don't know... ask Alexa." 
G & G Nyborg gave Kira a paper love book that has a ton of ideas for paper.  Kira loves it.
Hugs from Dad before he goes to work...

G & G Swensen gave Isak and Kira a card with $5.  They were super excited.
All of the kids received the game Mouse Trap since it is Sofie and Noah's half birthday too!  And we all enjoyed playing the game.
Poor, poor Kira.  Right after opening gifts, she threw up.  She was sick the rest of the day.  She threw up 3-4 times and slept on and off all day.  
Isak put together his 3D World Puzzle.
Sofie and Noah played multiple games of Mouse Trap.
Kira did get to use her eye mask.  :)
Isak finished the world puzzle.
We had rolls, yellow rice and chicken for dinner.  Although, Kira had ginger ale and saltine crackers.  Isak chose a Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream pie. 

Isak was very worried about his birthday, but he said he had an awesome day and loved his gifts  Phew!
The next day, everyone except for Kira went to school.  I got to spend the whole day with Kira.  It was so fun!  She drew a beautiful picture.
We painted our nails and then we decorated her cake.

She was feeling much better today.  Yay!  We put crowns on her cake and made a unicorn out of frosting.

That night we celebrated with Kira's cake.  

It was kind of nice to do one on each night instead of together.  





Then Saturday we went to Walmart and the kids spent their birthday money.  Sofie and Noah still had their $5 from their birthdays...so everyone got things.  They loved shopping, choosing and paying for their gifts.  👏
A little about Isak at age 9:
Isak is the sweetest, most caring boy.  He loves others and is always willing to help.  He's friendly and isn't afraid to say, "hi" to anyone.  He loves learning, especially math and science.  He's a great reader too.  I often find him curled up reading a book.  I love watching him figure things out!  He loves to be challenged in all areas.  He can get wild, crazy, goofy and is so funny.  He loves to laugh and make others laugh.  He is a good runner and loves to be physical.  He loves Sam his elephant and giving Sam huggies to others.  He says his prayers every night and sings primary songs with his whole heart.  We love our Isak boy!

A little about Kira at age 9:
Kira is still my sweet angel.  So patient, quiet and kind.  She loves to teach and play school.  She draws, writes and creates everyday.  She hums and sings.  She laughs.  She likes to remember and tell riddles/jokes.  She knows how to cheer others up.  She's quick to forgive.  She has a wonderful mind and I'm always interested to see what she will do.  She improves and beatifies everything she touches.  She writes in her journal, says her prayers in the morning, and she sets goals and works on them.  She's beautiful inside and out.  We love our Kira girl!


No comments: