Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Christmas Eve and Day

 Christmas Eve:

I woke up early and went grocery shopping.  Nels worked a couple of hours.  I helped the kids wrap their gifts for each other.  Earlier, we went to the $1 store and they picked out gifts for each other.  Simple and they love doing it.  Then we began dinner prep.  I made twice baked potato casserole and brownies.  Nels marinated and grilled NY strip steaks.  We had broccoli, rolls and a yogurt orange salad.  Oh and mac and cheese of course.  Dessert was the brownies with fresh fruit and whip cream.  

Sofie put out a carrot and note for Rudolph.

So cute.
Nels read Twas the Night Before Christmas.  I read Luke 2.
Then they each unwrapped one sibling gift. 
We put the kids to bed.  I finished wrapping presents and Nels made a treasure hunt for each of the kids' big gifts.  Then we put the gifts under the tree and went to bed.
Here's the set up...


Christmas Day!
7 am...all lined up and ready to run down the hall to see the gifts in the living room.
Oh happy they were to get their new stuffed animals.  
We opened gifts and everyone was happy with what they received.  Nels got this awesome shirt from his sister Kierstin.
Kira got a scrapbook journal from G&G Nyborg.
Nels gave me chocolates.  💜
Sofie got a chocolate Rudolph.
Lots of fun gifts.  We spent the rest of the day helping the kids figure out their gifts.  Isak got this awesome lock box to build from kiwi.co.
Kira quickly built her Friends ferris wheel park lego set.
I gave Nels a massager and Sofie tried it out on him.  😂
Kira got a sewing kit and started to sew a unicorn, of course.
Sofie loves her Panda, Fox and Reindeer stuffed animals.  She also got a Panda lego set. 

Oops!  I didn't get pics of Noah??!!  He got a Ryan Egg and a truck lego set and other fun things.  
I was so relieved and happy to have Christmas over and everyone seemed to like their gifts.  👏👏

No comments: