Our fake tree was in storage. So we decided to get a real Christmas tree this year. And I loved it! I loved going to the Christmas tree farm and picking it out. It was just special. It was one of my favorite things we did this Christmas season.
The weather wasn't that great. It rained on the way to the farm. We almost quit and went back home. But I'm glad we kept going! Nels met us there after work. And thankfully, the rain was very light and then stopped while we were there!
Here's some photos that captured the adventure:
Isn't that picturesque? I love the lights.
We got a wagon, a saw and a measuring stick and headed out to pick our tree.
Little rain, but not too awful.
Dad and Isak sawed down our Leyland Cypress 6 foot tree.
It was getting dark fast, so this picture isn't great...but Sofie pulled the wagon with the tree back to the store. She was a determined little girl to do it all by herself!
While Nels and the helper got our tree prepped and on the roof of our van, the kids and I enjoyed hot chocolate and walking around.
Maybe next year I'll get a wreath too.
The next day, Nels put the lights on and the kids decorated the tree.
Happy Tree, Happy Kids. 😊
This is Nels when he was 9! Isak and Kira's age right now.
We enjoyed putting on these ornaments as a reminder of Isak and Kira's baptism date.
We only put the kids ornaments on this time and a few of Nels's kid ones. They each have their own box of ornaments they have made and been given over the years. :)
It was a wonderful tree and just right for our apartment. We watered it and kept it alive the whole Christmas season. Then we dropped it off to be recycled into mulch. I'm glad we put the effort into doing a Christmas tree.
No comments:
Post a Comment