December started out with me getting a phone call from the school nurse asking me to pick up my kids. Kira was coughing a lot, Isak was starting to, and Sofie was sort of sick...so might as well take them all home for a couple of days. 😂 They were all tested for COVID and all came back negative. Just a cold...So I took them home and we relaxed and took our time being sick for a bit.
Haha...Noah is quite the character. I was doing a reading lesson with him and he took his glasses off and said, "I can't see mom." We had a three week delay for our windows on our new house...I drove by it and was happy to see a couple of windows came. 👏
Here's Isak just snuggling his elephant Sam and studying the periodic table for fun. Here's one of Sofie's trash creations...a sled for her teddy bear.
And another one...
Hot chocolate with a chocolate spoon for another fun holiday treat.
Sofie and Noah took in lots of cans for their food drive.
Leaving the apartment to go to the bus...
A cute Sofie grin.
More cans for their kindergarten food drive.
I backed up the car and scraped the bumper on the post for the under cover parking...😞 Poor Goldie.I'm so proud of Kira. She made a goal to read 21 books in 2021. She kept track of them and finished reading 21 books...she even read a couple extra but didn't write them down.
Great job Kira!!Sofie with Lamby...
Waiting for the school bus...
I stopped by Nels's work and brought him Chick-fil-a to help him through the day. His desk is adjustable so he can sit or stand. Cool!
This was so sweet. Noah spent a long time coloring this elephant for Isak and even drew Isak next to him. Isak wrote a kind note to Noah. Good brothers.
STEAM night at the kids school. They each showed us their project they worked on. Sofie and Noah built barns to withstand strong winds and flooding for Otis the cow.
Pretty cool to be doing that in kindergarten!
Isak and Kira did a report about an enclosure for the Nashville Zoo's snow leopard.
Kira's team actually got to present virtually to the Nashville Zoo!
Isak's was very creative and thorough too. I was super proud of both of them.
Fort building...
And some relax time in their forts.
Sometimes after church we will stop by the house to show the kids the progress. I thought they looked cute walking into the house to check it out. The walls are up and windows are in.
Straw building in the background and figuring out the coding bunny toy.One night, I started making dinner and realized I didn't have enough eggs! So I loaded up the kids and we headed to the grocery store. They had this fun cart which made the trip fun for the littles. Ended up buying eggs, milk, bananas and of course some ice cream!
Reading lessons. We are slowly progressing. But they are getting better and better. I love this "Teach your child to read in 100 lessons" book. I think it does a great job.
Brushing teeth before bedtime...
Kierstin gave us a huge ice cream sundae bowl. So we made a family banana split sundae with all of the flavors...
Ta Da!
Um, it was a little difficult to share....
I slurped up the leftovers. 😂
Isak finished his Lockbox...
He also made a lot of bead pets.
He was very busy during Christmas break.
But that wraps up December.
We were sick and healthy. We had stressful times and relaxing times. We ate lots of treats. We made some fun family holiday memories. I'll wrap up 2021 in the next post.
No comments:
Post a Comment