Tuesday, November 23, 2021

October Moments

Moments in October...
I just thought these two girls with their backpacks on were so cute walking to the bus in the beautiful fall leaves.  
General Conference is the first weekend in October.  Nels was home on Saturday.  Then he took a quick flight on Sunday to see a house that became available.  He flew down and back in one day.  It was a crazy, busy weekend.  

I tried my best to make it nice for the kids and I was even able to listen to quite a bit of conference! 
We had conference Bingo with cereal.  Kira lasted the longest doing it.  She loved it.  
The girls conducted the music with their wands.  💜
Isak did Bingo and played nerts with me or dad whenever we were available.
I got to color a little.  Sofie colored next to me for a long time.
Blocks, Nerts, bingo, coloring...listening to conference.  
This is what breakfast cereal morning looks like at our house. 
Isak and I played Cashflow.  He won!
I made cinnamon rolls.  We all enjoyed them.
Kira colored a picture of Pres. Nelson.  She asked us what color his eyes are.  Nels looked it up...blue.  Later when the prophet was speaking, Kira rushed to the TV.  "Yep, his eyes are blue!"  💜
Winner of Cashflow!
 Here's our mailbox.  Nels has put so many nails in it to hold it together.  I just hoped it would last to the end of the month without following apart.  Thankfully, it did stay together!
Sofie sat in the laundry basket and asked me if I remember her "helping" me with laundry when she was little.  Yes, I do remember.  She would sit in the basket and hand me clothes to fold.
Sofie put this puzzle together.  She loves her lamby right now.
Nels got to work from home for one week.  So grateful for that.  We needed a break from him traveling and he got a ton done for our move.  
Kira did a great job with a project in school.  She built a house out of paper and a few other objects.  She had to figure out how to make it stand when there was a strong wind.  She wrote about it too.  
During my decluttering, I found my 8th grade Japanese notes.  I decided to take pictures and then throw them away. 😢
I remember that I really enjoyed learning to write the different symbols.
Then I found my Calculus notes from college.  And yes, I took pictures and threw them away too.  😭
I was so proud of my notes.  I worked so hard on them and I just loved learning this math.  Farewell, calculus.  Thank you for being a part of my life.
Sofie and Noah came home from kindergarten with a cooking project.  We made apple crisp.  

We ate it with ice cream.
This may look like a giant mess.  But each item was purposefully placed in a specific spot for the kids "house."
They love creating these type of things.
I got outside and blew some bubbles with the kids.  I've always enjoyed doing that with them.  The delight on their faces cheers me up.
Isak put this 500 piece puzzle together all by himself.  It's of Salt Lake City.
Ta Da!
My cute Kira in her cute pink room.
All the kids lined up...Slothy, Sam, Noah and Isak.  :)
Noah got his monthly cough and stayed home from school one day.  In order for him to go back to school, we had to get him tested for COVID.  It was negative...so he returned to school the next day.  Noah was so happy that Sloth got a sticker.  
Noah wrote all of the letters in the alphabet while we waited.  Upper and lowercase!
Isak learned how to make a tornado.  
Kira, Noah and Slothy enjoy reading together.
Pajama day at school!  So cute.
I picked the kids up early from school and took them to the doctor for ...flu shots!  Oh boy.  They weren't very happy about it.  Sofie cried a lot before and Noah cried a lot after.  Isak and Kira were champs...and so was I.  :)
Afterwards, I treated everyone to donuts at Dunkin' Donuts.  They each picked out a donut.
Isak got chocolate with chocolate frosting.  He ate his super fast.  I didn't get a picture of Isak with his donut..

Noah chose powdered.
Sofie chose a pink frosted one.
And Kira got a chocolate frosted one.  I chose a bavarian cream filled donut for myself and a pumpkin one for Nels...he got home around 9 pm after being gone all week.
Isak enjoyed his donut.  :)
Funny kids.
Kira made Sofie a cute panda puzzle.
Red Robin!
We went there so Nels could get his birthday burger.  He loves the burnin' love burger.  Yep, that's a whole jalapeño on top!
One Sunday...after church we were waiting for Nels...so I took their pictures.  They don't take their stuffed animals into church, but they do ride in the car to church.  :)
Kira got her yearly check up.  She did great.  Although, the doctor was concerned with her growth...he says she is the size of a 6 year old.  She does wear size 6 for clothes.  So he had us do blood work.  They took 7 vials of blood. Kira did great for the blood draw.  All of the results came back just fine.  Except the thyroid was a tiny bit on the low side.  He suggested we get it checked again in 3 months.  But otherwise, she's a healthy little girl!  And super cute too.
One day, I treated myself to another lunch downtown Geneva.  I bought Nels an apple turnover from Hahn Bakery. 
Then I ate lunch at State Street Diner.  I always drive by it and wanted to try it out.  The food was ok...I enjoyed the hot chocolate.  
I liked the artwork.
We were selling the cribs...so I found an old picture of the crib put together.  Look at Sofie and Noah...so young!  I miss nap time.  
Nels's birthday!  We went to Chili's for lunch while the kids were at school.  And we enjoyed the molten brownie dessert.  

All of the kids made him cards and we bought a cake this year.  I totally put the 4 on backwards, haha.
They love their dad.


Four different flavors, since Nels couldn't decide.  :)

Flipped the four around and tried again.
My gift to Nels was finding a sitter so we could go to a INXS concert with friends.  Our friend Kristi loves INXS and invited us to go with them to the concert.  
Here's the stage...
And the band.

Nels and I forgot to get a picture with INXS on the marquee.  But it had already changed by the time the concert was over.  Oh well...we still took a picture.  It was fun to be out with friends.  
My sweet sister Jenny is having a baby in December!   I gave her some gifts for her baby shower.  Unicorn hooded towels, a unicorn hamper and a Cheerios book (one of my favorite!).  Isn't she beautiful.  She's going to be the best mom.
Our Primary Program was Oct. 24 and I thought it was amazing.  Marjorie wrote the whole thing and taught the kids the songs.  Because of the move, I asked her to be in charge of it and she  did spectacular.  I just wrote an intro and said my part.  All of the kids did great.  Sofie and Noah surprised me by not crying and saying their part beautifully!  And the singing!  So loud and wonderful. 

Afterwards, we had a waffle breakfast.  They loved it.

Noah spilled too much syrup on his waffle and cried and cried.  I was walking the halls with him to calm him down when Rebecca saw us.  She immediately picked him up and talked with him.  Then helped him make a special waffle just for him.  Rebecca was busy.  She did the whole breakfast.  But she took time to "minister to the one."  It was a kind, beautiful moment.
Alex was in Isak and Kira's primary class.
Brynnley and Eliza were in their class too.  Last pics on our last Sunday in our Geneva ward.  We will miss the people!

And that is October!  Busy, busy, stressful, memorable month!

We organized, cleaned, sold stuff, gave stuff away, threw stuff away, packed stuff, stored stuff, loaded stuff, moved our stuff!

Friends, parks, concert, restaurants, Halloween, celebrations, birthdays, doctor visits, flu shots, treats and I did read one book...Outer Order, Inner Calm by Gretchen Rubin...it helped with all of the decluttering I was doing.  And that, in a nutshell is October!

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Wow! You are amazing! Way to accomplish a huge move. You also did a great job providing the emotional support your family needed. The stuffed animals were a great idea. You had so many fun parks around your house. I’m so excited you are building a house. I can’t wait to see it!