Thursday, November 4, 2021

August Little Moments - 2021

Little moments in August.
Nels taught Isak how to play Cashflow.  I played it with Isak a time or two and then Isak played it by himself a lot.  He loved the game.
Yummy salad that I made.  
Playing in the summer rain...
Younger kids putting a puzzle together while the older kids play Jr. Monopoly.  Wonderful moment.
So we told the kids that we will be moving...reactions...Isak - excited for a new adventure.  Kira - hesitant.  Sofie - neutral.  Noah - excited then it quickly turned to anxiety and crying.  Both Sofie and Noah did not understand that this move would be happening Later, not today.  Noah then had a huge meltdown.  To help, I suggested we buy each of the kids a stuffed animal to help them with the move.  Noah chose sloth, Sofie chose a panda, Kira chose a unicorn and Isak chose an elephant.  The stuffed animals have been a tremendous help.  So here's Noah with his sloth, fresh out of the box.
Here's Isak playing Cashflow with his elephant, Sam.
Physicals for Kindergarten for Sofie and Noah.  She wanted me to take a picture before she went into the appointment.
Tic tac toe while we waited.  Here's their measurements for age 5:
Sofie: weight: 35 lbs.  3' 5" tall.
Noah: weight: 30 lbs.  3' 3" tall.
Healthy and on the small side.  
We had a Kindergarten preview day.  Oh, they were so excited and happy to be there.  They especially loved the bus sugar cookie.
Books we enjoyed during August.  I love the "Magical Yet."
We learned about different cultures and times in history.  "Under my Hijab" was very interesting for me too.  We learned about "Let the Children March" during the Civil Rights Movement.  I liked "My Papi has a Motorcycle" too.  
A little scripture time with the help of the Friend for ideas.  We built a house and talked about how to make our house more spiritual.
Nels and I were invited to a mask birthday party.  So we ordered these masks on Amazon...haha.
Isak built his robot.  It works with a  remote or an app on the iPad.  Pretty sweet!
Nels smoked a meatloaf that took forever but was yummy.
The kids leave their stuffed animals on the stairs while they go to school.  So when they get home, they can hug them super fast.
Panda, panda!

Kira really likes these birthday Hershey kisses.  
Here's a postcard of the Washington Island tour.  
We made banana popsicles.  They were yummy.





We did a 21-day gratitude challenge.  It was so fun to do as a family even though it took us probably 40 days.  Haha.
Here's Sofie with the birthday Hershey kiss.
I made Kira's bed and wrote her a note...trying to speak her love language.  
I ate some delicious food at Moveable Feast with two great friends.  It was a wonderful lunch.
Sunshine walk.
I made some chia pudding and I liked it.
I even ate my BLT without bread and liked that too.
At the end of the first full week of school and Nels being gone that whole week, I surprised the kids with donuts.  They loved it!
Sofie and Noah had to decorate puzzle pieces to tell about themselves.
Some of their school work...
Noah's puzzle piece.
I made a new salad with kale and ceaser salad dressing.
Since Nels was gone I got to learn how to repair the drywall in Kira's room....
I think I did pretty well.
I also made this delicious cinnamon bread.  YUM!
August was a big month! 
Nels transitioned to a new company and started traveling weekly for work.  
The kids started school.  All 4 in school from 8:30 - 4 p.m.  
We went to Door County and Six Flags.  
I finished the book Saints volume 2.
I also read a cute children's book called Bob.  
We started deep cleaning/organizing and preparing the house to be put on the market to sale!

No comments: