We started October with a walk-a-thon for the kids' elementary school. I got to go this time and I loved walking with my kids. I ended up walking close to 4 miles. About 2 miles with each set of twins. :)
Here's my Kira girl.
Isak's friend Jack walked with us too. He is the nicest friend. I loved meeting him.
Then I walked with Sofie and Noah. Little Noah whined at me the whole time! Finally, I said, "Noah, I came to enjoy time with you, not so you could whine at me!" I was kind of frustrated! But we tried to make the most of it. I snuck a picture while they were standing with their class.
It was a nice warm day. And here's the whole school making a rainbow. The theme this year is "You belong" They have done a great job creating and teaching that culture.
Just a quick stop at the park near our house.
One day, while the kids were in school, I treated myself to a delicious lunch at the Preservation. I got a smoked turkey sandwich with tomato bacon soup.It's a cute restaurant downtown Geneva. I loved my time. So glad I snuck it in before we moved.
We went to the library for a couple of hours. They had so many things to do. A pumpkin hunt, coloring pumpkins, a pumpkin game, squirrel craft, owl craft, pumpkin string art craft, engineering toys and Osmo. There was something for everyone. We were going to go to the park, but then it rained...so we stayed longer at the library.
Isak spent a long time working on this string art. He kept at it, even though it was frustrating sometimes.
Sofie with her owl.
The kids with their crafts and activities.
Then we went downtown 3rd street for a treat. I loved this tree with hanging pumpkins so I had the kids stand by it. :)
We went to Graham's and the kids each picked out a chocolate or candy. Fun time!
Hard to see in the picture...but it's a beautiful spiderweb. I saw it on my morning walk.
I'm going to miss this trail.
Oct. 16 Saturday
I'm going to miss this trail.
Jumping in puddles.😀
Park near our home...Oct. 16 Saturday
We decided to explore a park in Naperville. But first we ate lunch at Red Robin...for Nels's birthday burger. Then we went to 95th Community Park. SO FUN. Very creative park. We loved it.
A huge whale to play in and on.
It was library themed because the public library is near the park. So Nels is standing by the ink pen.
Books!
Isn't this fun!
The kids loved this whale so much.
Then there was this giant web to climb on.
Just a creative park!
Cute Isak Boy.
Sofie girl!
Then we went to another park. Heatherstone park. This one had some unique things too. Like this canoe swing.
Noah relaxed while Nels pushed the merry go round.
A grasshopper.
And a zip line.
Grabbed a selfie with Nels.
I wore my new leopard shoes.
Noah by the sign. :)
The above park was Hathaway Park.
Then we went to Washburn Park.
At this park, there were these huge green balls that were from a tree?!
The kids enjoyed this park.
Serene, right?!
Sofie is being a panda...
I thought the lighting was good, so I took a few pictures of the kids.
You can tell Noah is busting a dance move for the picture. I swear he cannot hold still for pictures!!
And me...I was there too. No make up, but I'm there.
A huge whale to play in and on.
It was library themed because the public library is near the park. So Nels is standing by the ink pen.
Books!
Isn't this fun!
The kids loved this whale so much.
Then there was this giant web to climb on.
Just a creative park!
Cute Isak Boy.
Sofie girl!
Then we went to another park. Heatherstone park. This one had some unique things too. Like this canoe swing.
Noah relaxed while Nels pushed the merry go round.
A grasshopper.
And a zip line.
Grabbed a selfie with Nels.
I wore my new leopard shoes.
Noah by the sign. :)
Oct 19- Tuesday
After school, we went to 2 new parks in North Mill Creek. They were fun to explore. Doesn't Sofie look huge in the baby swing?! 😂
A boat!The above park was Hathaway Park.
Then we went to Washburn Park.
At this park, there were these huge green balls that were from a tree?!
The kids enjoyed this park.
Serene, right?!
Sofie is being a panda...
I thought the lighting was good, so I took a few pictures of the kids.
You can tell Noah is busting a dance move for the picture. I swear he cannot hold still for pictures!!
And me...I was there too. No make up, but I'm there.
Since learning the Murfreesboro doesn't have a lot of parks, I tried to take the kids to as many parks as possible before we moved. I'm so glad we did. Going to the park is something our WHOLE family enjoys doing. It's not always easy to find an activity everyone likes!
No comments:
Post a Comment