July 14 - Monday:
Adventure day
Melissa, Lynzie and my crew met up with Mandi and Ethan at City Creek Center downtown Salt Lake City. Here's some pics of our day together:
Refreshing fountain. :)
They loved feeling the water and playing with it for a bit.
I love being in a city and just walking around pretty places.
First we went in the old tabernacle.
We learned this tabernacle had 4,750 seats and the organ has 12,000 pipes. The acoustics are amazing. The Sister missionary demonstrated a sound test and you could literally hear a pin drop from the pulpit. And there was no microphone. When she spoke, you could hear her clearly and we were pretty far back in the seats.
Here's our tour group. :)
As we walked to the new conference center, we got to see a few statues along the way.
We checked the map to make sure we were going the right way.
Cute kids. The new conference center is so nice.
We walked around and enjoyed the art gallery.
Then we took a tour given by two sister missionaries. They did a great job and I really enjoyed it.
This conference center has 21,000 seats and the organ has 7,000 pipes.
The sister missionaries showed us pictures of Jesus, the prophet and apostles and the presidencies of the different organizations.
This is Noah's favorite story in the Book of Mormon and so he got a picture with the art work of Lehi's dream of the Tree of Life.
I didn't take a picture, but one room had paintings of scenes from the Book of Mormon. We were given time to walk around and look at the paintings. The kids knew a lot of the stories that went with the pictures. I was thankful for the opportunity to share the stories of the pictures they weren't quite familiar with yet. It was a good experience.
We took a picture with the Statue of Christ. The sister missionaries let us know that this was a replica so we could touch the statue if we wanted to. If you look close at the picture below, you can kind of tell that Noah was not very happy. I can't remember why, but he was upset with something. So everyone moved along and I stayed behind to help Noah with his feelings.
Kira stayed behind too, so we got a picture of her with Jesus too.
Noah wanted another picture because he didn't want the sad picture from before.
Then we took time to touch the statue. To feel the nail prints in Jesus feet. I was surprised by what I felt. Seeing the statue of Jesus was great, but touching the nail print in Jesus' feet made it personal. I felt gratitude for our Savior and His sacrifice for us. Later, I thought about this experience and also the story of when Jesus showed himself to the Nephites. I'm sure seeing Jesus was amazing. Then He invited the people to come and touch the nail prints in his hands and feet. Now I understand that action of touching...it made it personal. "See What I for Thee Have Done." His sacrifice was for all of us and it was for me.
President Nelson and Jesus. Doing the Lord's work. :)
I'm just impressed with the craftsmanship of this door knob.
Those were our sister missionaries. They taught us so much and were always testifying of truth.
The kids took turns being a speaker in conference:
One more look at the conference center room;
From a distance, I thought this was a picture of cherubim and a flaming sword. I was so wrong. Haha. That red part is not a sword at all. Oh, well.
It was so hot outside that we were not allowed to go on the roof top. So we just looked out the windows. Then the tour was over. And we took a few more pictures in the hot temperature. :)
We went to the BYU Creamery in the Deseret Book store at City Creek Mall. Yummy!
Kira stayed behind too, so we got a picture of her with Jesus too.
Noah wanted another picture because he didn't want the sad picture from before.
Then we took time to touch the statue. To feel the nail prints in Jesus feet. I was surprised by what I felt. Seeing the statue of Jesus was great, but touching the nail print in Jesus' feet made it personal. I felt gratitude for our Savior and His sacrifice for us. Later, I thought about this experience and also the story of when Jesus showed himself to the Nephites. I'm sure seeing Jesus was amazing. Then He invited the people to come and touch the nail prints in his hands and feet. Now I understand that action of touching...it made it personal. "See What I for Thee Have Done." His sacrifice was for all of us and it was for me.
President Nelson and Jesus. Doing the Lord's work. :)
I'm just impressed with the craftsmanship of this door knob.
Those were our sister missionaries. They taught us so much and were always testifying of truth.
The kids took turns being a speaker in conference:
One more look at the conference center room;
From a distance, I thought this was a picture of cherubim and a flaming sword. I was so wrong. Haha. That red part is not a sword at all. Oh, well.
It was so hot outside that we were not allowed to go on the roof top. So we just looked out the windows. Then the tour was over. And we took a few more pictures in the hot temperature. :)
We went to the BYU Creamery in the Deseret Book store at City Creek Mall. Yummy!
I can't remember Isak's flavor. I think it was strawberry cheesecake.
Kira got mint brownie. Sofie got a chocolate one.
Lynzie and Melissa:
Ethan and Mandi:
My crew:
I got a chocolate one too.
I love how Sofie enjoys chocolate ice cream just like me!
Then we headed home after the ice cream.
After dinner we hit the courts again and stayed until they shut the lights off! It was fun.
I can't remember when we did this...but we did play a few games of Pandemic throughout our time with Melissa. Great game.
Uncle Karl read Pooh books to Noah at bedtime. 💚
And that's the end of a fun filled day!
Kira got mint brownie. Sofie got a chocolate one.
Lynzie and Melissa:
Ethan and Mandi:
My crew:
I got a chocolate one too.
I love how Sofie enjoys chocolate ice cream just like me!
Then we headed home after the ice cream.
After dinner we hit the courts again and stayed until they shut the lights off! It was fun.
I can't remember when we did this...but we did play a few games of Pandemic throughout our time with Melissa. Great game.
Uncle Karl read Pooh books to Noah at bedtime. 💚
And that's the end of a fun filled day!




























































No comments:
Post a Comment