Friday, November 3, 2023

Fall Break - Oct 2 and 3 Playgrounds and Nashville

We had our fall break the first week of October.  When I asked the kids what they wanted to do, they said they wanted to do some things at home and some adventures.  So I tried to do 50/50 of outings and just relaxing at home.  Overall, I think we had a great fall break.

Monday - Oct 2
We went to Barfield Park in the late morning.  It was a warm, beautiful day. 

I played frisbee with Isak and Noah.
The girls climbed and went all over the playground.
Then we painted rocks.  It was so nice to do at the park.  I brought a tablecloth and when we were done we just threw it away.  
I did the ice cream cone rock. :)
Then we went to the library and then home.  We relaxed, read and even played some kickball.  We grilled burgers and I made French potato salad for dinner.

Tuesday - Oct 3
Noah and I played memory in the morning.
Then we had an adventure day.  We went to two different playgrounds and downtown Nashville.  It was a lot of fun and I took a lot of pics...
Oh, at the beginning of our drive, Isak said the prayer.  He said something like, "Please bless us to have a good time at the playgrounds, even though I've grown out of them."  So cute, funny and sad.  I found some new playgrounds though that were big and creative.  Isak had a blast!  👏 

So here's the pics!
First Playground - 25 minute drive to La Vergne called Mill Ridge Park. 
I climbed the rock wall and followed the kids around.  I had fun too!





Some unique things...





We'll definitely go back.  Great playground and surrounding area!
Then we ate some snacks/lunch in the car while we drove to the Playground #2.  
This one is 45 minutes from our house, but only 25 minutes from the previous playground.  Ravenwood Park.  
There was a sand pit.  
And this huge climbing tower and two slides.




The kids liked the sand too.


Then we drove 20 minutes to The Gulch which is a downtown area of Nashville.
We found a garage to park in and then walked around.  We went to Noble Park before and after we ate ice cream.
We got a treat at the Sundae Club.


Noah got a huge cookie.
Isak got blueberry cheesecake and Elvis ice cream - banana cream with salted peanuts and chocolate chips.
Kira got Vanilla Bean with M&Ms on top.
Sofie got banana pudding ice cream.
Then we played in this open green space called Noble Park.
Sofie did her first cartwheel here!  She tried and tried and then did it.  People clapped.  She was so proud.  :)
Then we took pics with the angel wing mural.











Then we drove home with crazy traffic.  It took 1 hour and 20 minutes and Isak got car sick and Noah had to go potty so bad.  So a quick stop at the gas station...
And that's where the girls had this picture taken...
Then we made it home and we ate a quick dinner and relaxed!
 Fun adventure day.  Yay!

No comments: