Thursday, January 22, 2026

November 24 - 30: Thanksgiving Break, Hiked Fiery Gizzard

November 24 - 30:
Thanksgiving Break!
I love how the kids get the whole week of Thanksgiving off.  It's so fun!  We had some nice weather too.  I took all of the kids to pickleball and the playground in the morning.  They put in a brand new playground next to the pickleball courts, so it was fun to explore it with the kids!

Isak is getting pretty good at pickleball.  It's fun to play with him!
Here's some pictures of the kids at the new playground.




For some of the time, Kira taught me how to fold an origami crane.  I enjoy doing this with her.  She's a very patient and kind teacher.  
Such cute kids!
Isak got this punch knit snowman kit.  He enjoyed making it.  
It was a quick project for him too.  
Spinach smoothie for the kids!
Noah worked on his robot game kit.
He finished it!  Good job, Noah!
Noah drew this Minecraft picture.  I thought it was cool.
We had the Harris family over and played Telestrations.  Funny game.  
November 27 - Thursday:
Happy Thanksgiving!  We tried to do all of the things.  It turned out to be a great day.
The kids helped put up the the Gratitude tree and we wrote new things on the leaves.
After my workout, Sofie, Kira and Noah did some turkey yoga.  

We also watched some of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, since Sofie and Noah learned about it in school. 
Kira helped me make the Pumpkin Bars.  
She did a lot of it, and I supervised.  Also, check out her hair.  I did a fishtail braid.  :)



Isak and Nels went to the gym for the morning.  Lookin' buff!  :)
Cute Sofie and Noah.
Kira listened to a song on the computer and then figured out how to play it on the piano.  She's amazing.
The pumpkin bars turned out perfectly.
The kids all colored a "Turkey Time" picture. 
All done!

And dinner:
Turkey, green beans, mashed potatoes and stuffing from Costco.  So just heated it up in the oven.  I did air fry mushrooms.  So good!  We also had rolls and fruit.  We did the alphabet gratitude game while we ate dinner together.  

Oh, I also did sweet potatoes.  This was Noah's plate.  :)



Sweet Kira, made us all Thanksgiving cards.  She's so creative!

Here she is enjoying her pumpkin bar.  
We played pin the gobble on the Turkey. 


Then we snuggled on the couch and watched half of the movie Tron.  
Oh, Noah said one thing he's thankful for about each of us.  I remember he said, "I'm thankful for Mom and how she solves all of our problems."  😊💙

Kira also taught us how to make cute origami turkeys.  
It was a very nice Thanksgiving day!

Sofie and Noah looked cute snuggling together.  So I took a photo.
November 28 - Friday
We all got ready and drove 1 hour south to Fiery Gizzard State Park.  It was crazy cold today.  But we braved the weather and ended up having a great time exploring, playing and hiking. 

There was a little playground and the kids played for a few minutes. 
While they played, Isak, Nels and I played a little pickleball on a run down tennis court.  The net was terrible.  We only played a few minutes.  

Cute little forest themed playground.  
Then we went on the Grundy Day Loop - 1.9 miles.  

It was a cool hike.  So fun to navigate the big rocks, tree roots, mud (sometimes) and puddles.







Pretty spots along the hike.  

We saw two waterfalls.  Here's the first one.








Isak is almost always in front, so it's hard to get pictures of him.  But I got a couple!


Here's the second one:





Sofie and Noah usually like to be together.  They are pretty funny when they are together.  
Pretty hike.  I'm glad we went and made the most of it!  
 We got Papa Murphy's afterwards and ended the day.
I'm working on this nativity diamond art.  It's been so fun and I enjoy doing it while I listen to a book and have a Christmas blanket on me. 
November 29 - Saturday:
I took Isak to Old Fort and played some pickleball with him.
Then I played with Sofie and her Barbie's and camper van.  
She's fun to be with.  💜
Isak and Nels made some bean dip for us to enjoy.  
Nels took my picture!  I wasn't happy about it.  He thought I looked funny.  Haha.  
You'll have to zoom in.  Kira is wearing her birthstone earrings from Grandma Nyborg.  So pretty.  
Kira also gave a talk in church on the 13th Article of Faith.  She did a great job!  
It was a very nice Thanksgiving Break.  We enjoyed our family time.  💜
 

No comments: