Wednesday, January 28, 2026

December 15 - 19: Christmas Celebrations, Isak's Choir Concert

December 15 - 19:
After school, Sofie and Noah share with me about their day.  Then they take turns typing and practicing the piano.  It's a nice routine.  Sofie looked cute dressed in purple, typing.  
I made the Christmas cards my mom sent me from Paper Pumpkin.  
Activity days with Sofie...we decorated sugar cookies


Sofie's Christmas List:
I thought it would be fun to FaceTime my parents and let the kids show off their hard work on the piano.  
Noah played Jingle Bells for them.
Isak played "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch."
Kira played "What Child is This?"
And Sofie played "Rockets."
We also did the same thing for Nels's parents.  It was fun to share their talents with the grandparents.  :)

I had taken a photo of Isak and Kira with their piano teacher.  Then I used chat GPT to make it into a drawing.  I printed it and gave it to her with some chocolate for Christmas.  I think she really liked it.  
I did Chat GPT on our fall family photo.  It's ok...
Kira went to a YW's white elephant gift exchange.  She had a great time.  She gave her homemade stickers, bracelets and a box of gingerbread cookies.  
I gave the cards I made to Sofie and Noah's teacher, along with a Target gift card.
Pajama day for Sofie and Noah.

Silly kids.
We got to go to Sofie's dance party.  We colored and made ornaments and ate some treats.

We took pictures in front of this pretty backdrop.




We went to Isak's Choir Concert:
The theme was Vuelie.  This word means an ever flowing song that began centuries ago, and flows through those singing it and continues after we end.  When performed a Vuelie is not a representation of an idea, but becomes that thing.  It was also the first song in the movie Frozen.  
This is all of HS and Middle School.  Isak is in the middle right, towards the back.  Hard to see him...
7th & 8th Grade sang "Angels We Have Heard on High" and "Christmas Time is Here."
Then at the end of the concert, they all sang "Carol of the Bells."
It was a great concert and we're so proud of Isak.  
Last day of school before Christmas break!


December 19, Friday:
I took Sofie, Noah and Kira to the Christmas celebration at Patterson Rec Center.  It was fun.  They had characters to meet and greet.    



They wrote letters to Santa:







Then we took a picture with Santa:

He was a good Santa and it was fun to see him talk with the kids briefly.  
They had different themed Christmas trees.  Kira liked this pink and gold themed one.  
I liked the candy one.  :)
Sofie and Noah enjoyed it.  Kira put up with it.  I think she's outgrown these type of things.  Sniff, sniff.  
I'm glad we went anyways.  
That's all for December 15 - 19.

No comments: