Wednesday, January 28, 2026

Dec 1 - 14: Christmas Pajamas, Piano Recital & Moments

December 1 - 14:  Moments

December 2 - 
Activity Days.  I helped with the girls.  We painted ornaments.


Sofie drew this on the white board at church.
Cute hair for Kira:
I got all of the Christmas stuff down from the attic and put it up...

I also gave the kids their chocolate advent calendars.  They eat a chocolate and we read a name of Christ with a scripture every day until Christmas.  
December 5, Friday:
Nels and I went to an Ugly Sweater Party with friends.  These two won the ugly sweater contest.    
Nels and I didn't really participate in the ugly sweater contest.  I wear this Rudolph sweater for holiday parties.  
We did a white elephant gift exchange.  We ended up with three candles and Dr. Pepper with creamer and lime stuff.  We had a pretty good time.   Here's the gang:
Isak and I went to his school's play of Wizard of Oz.  We knew some of the people in the play, so it was fun to watch them perform.  They did a great job.  It was fun to go with just Isak.

December 7:
I helped plan and prepare the Temple and Priesthood Preparation Meeting this year.  Here's the invitation:
Here's the set up.
Kira was asked to share her testimony of the temple.  She did a wonderful job.  
Sunday photo:

After church, I made caramel apple with toppings and we played Five Crowns.  The kids loved eating and playing the game.  :)

Sofie is a sad reindeer.  😢
Now she's happy!
Pretty Sunrise with a pretty girl.
And another pretty girl.
I pass this house on my drive to Isak's school.  I love the white house with the wreaths.  
Sofie playing the piano.  

December 8, Tuesday:
Kira's Band Concert.
Wow!  What a difference between 6th and 7th grade band.  They did an amazing job on their three songs.
1.  Snow Day 
2.  First Fallen Snow
3.  Frosty the Snowman
Yay, Kira!
Kira with her friends.  Penny, Shree and Myvin.  
I made it to the temple this month.  Yay!
Here's Noah changing the star on the countdown tree.  
Here's Kira ready for school in her red shirt for dress up week.

She also had holiday socks on.  
Sofie at dance class:
Snuggles with Noah and reading the Friend.  I love that he still fits on my lap.  
Nels's work decorated the doors to offices.  Here's Nels's office door/window. 
Kira went to her friend's birthday party.  They made gingerbread houses out of cardboard.  Kira loved this craft.  Her friend's mom sent me this picture. 
Nels and I went to a pickleball holiday event.  
We had a great time!
The weather was nice too!
My pic was posted on their instagram account.  :)

Yay, for Christmas and pickleball!
Isak and Kira had their piano recital December 13:
All ready to perform:
They both did an amazing job.  Isak performed "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch."

Kira performed "What Child is This?"

We did a fun cup rhythm activity at the end of the recital.  
Here's the group of piano performers:

Photo with their teacher:
So glad we could go and see/hear their hard work!
For primary:
We handed out these cute gloves and chocolate to the primary kids for their Christmas gift.  The tag is a saying about how we are His Hands.  💚
Sunday best for Kira and Sofie:

The kids got to open a gift...


Their Christmas pajamas!!
Sofie and Noah match and are SO cute. 
Kira has pink pajamas with flowers on them and Isak has green pajamas.  
And that's all for Dec 1 -14.  

No comments: