May 31 - Saturday
Nels and I signed up for a Round Robin Pickleball Tournament. My first tournament.
I was nervous! But I'm glad I did it. We both had a good time. I'm glad we got a sitter too, so then I wasn't worried about the kids!Here we are, ready to go!
Our friends did the tournament with us...Todd and Allyson.
It was fun to watch our pickleball group play too.
The girl on the left is named Becky too. When we play together, we say "Becky Power!" :)
Kind of hard to see, but Nels is on the far back left side of the court.
Here's a closer shot. He's on the right at the kitchen line.
Here's my friend Allyson on the right.
Here's me on the left...
Nels...
Me again.
We played four games with a different partner every time. The first game was a tough match...I was matched with Tracy a beginner. We played against Sam a 4.0 player and Nour a 3.0 player. We lost 11-2. I was crushed. My first game! I was pretty worried for my next game. Game #2: I played with the 4.0 Sam player against Jane from our pickleball group who is really good and another woman. They were a good team. Sam & I won 11-2. Then I played Game #3: I played with Josh against Deanna and another lady. They were both good and it was a pretty even game. Josh and I won 11-9. Game #4 - I played with Drake against a girl and a guy. We won 11- 4. Yay! It was so fun, except for the first game. :)
It was fun to watch our pickleball group play too.
The girl on the left is named Becky too. When we play together, we say "Becky Power!" :)
Kind of hard to see, but Nels is on the far back left side of the court.
Here's a closer shot. He's on the right at the kitchen line.
Here's my friend Allyson on the right.
Here's me on the left...
Nels...
Me again.
We played four games with a different partner every time. The first game was a tough match...I was matched with Tracy a beginner. We played against Sam a 4.0 player and Nour a 3.0 player. We lost 11-2. I was crushed. My first game! I was pretty worried for my next game. Game #2: I played with the 4.0 Sam player against Jane from our pickleball group who is really good and another woman. They were a good team. Sam & I won 11-2. Then I played Game #3: I played with Josh against Deanna and another lady. They were both good and it was a pretty even game. Josh and I won 11-9. Game #4 - I played with Drake against a girl and a guy. We won 11- 4. Yay! It was so fun, except for the first game. :)
Nels did well too. I think he won two games and lost two games. We ate fried chicken, chips, cookies and watermelon. Food was included in our tournament fee.
After everyone played, I was ranked 27 out of 92 people. Not too bad. We watched the finalists play.
After everyone played, I was ranked 27 out of 92 people. Not too bad. We watched the finalists play.
Here's our pickleball group:
Back row, left to right: Todd, Jane, Keith Wade
Front row, left to right: Nels, Me, Allyson, Lisa, Phyllis, Rina and Logan













No comments:
Post a Comment