Monday, April 22, 2024

Spring Break - Day 2 - Sculpture Park, Life is Good Store, Chili's

We all ate a yummy breakfast.  Then we went swimming.  We played with the beachball.  


It was a rainy day.  We had three different things planned this day, and all three ended up not working out.  So we called this our three strike day!  We tried to make the most of it and do different things, but it was hard.

We went to lunch at the Yellow Deli.  A unique, little sandwich shop.


We got to take these cool stairs up to the second floor to eat our lunch.
Cute menu.
I got the chicken pesto sandwich.
We shared this pretty fruit platter.
Pretty Kira with the pretty tree.
Then Nels wanted to see a guitar museum he had found online.  We found it, but it wasn't opened yet.  They were still building it!  Bummer.  Strike 1.

Then we found the Hot Chocolatier.  And it was closed because they were moving locations and neither location was open!  Strike 2!  I was sad about that one, because I wanted a cup of hot chocolate with all of the rain! 

Then we drove to Lookout Mountain for our tour time at Ruby Falls at 3:30 p.m.  Well, due to the rain, they just closed for the day because their was flooding in the cave!  Strike 3!

Wowzers!  It took us a few minutes to regroup.  

We ate some snacks and threw around some ideas.  We went back downtown Chattanooga and went to the Life is Good store.  It was fun to shop together.  Isak, Sofie, Kira and I all bought hats.  Nels bought a shirt.  


Then we went to the candy store.  All of the kids picked out two taffies.  
The rain stopped, so we went to Sculpture Park and walked around.  
This sculpture is one I kept seeing while I was researching Chattanooga.
I love our hats!!


Here's some more sculptures:
They were all so big!
Sofie and Noah took a few minutes to throw rocks in the puddles.
I love this pic.








It's tricky taking pictures of people with hats on though!
Then we all went to Chili's for dinner.
Isak and I shared the ribs and quesadillas platter.
Kira and I shared the molten lava cake.
The rest shared the cookie a la mode.  
And that's how our Day 2, Strike 3 day went.  I think we ended up having a pretty good day.  :)

No comments: