Thursday, April 18, 2024

Moments in March 2024

Here's our moments in March.

Noah enjoyed his Kiwico box.  He made a claw and pom pom monsters.  
I was so proud of him for doing the pom pom.  It was a little tedious.  :)  But he stuck to it and made two!
Nels loves to bring home slushies for the kids.  Kira took hers on our walk together.  
Pizza and slushies for the painters.  They worked so hard on our house and finished painting everything except for the bedrooms in five days...just two painters!  
Kira and I had some girl time and went to a play called Emma Sue.  Some youth from our church were in it, so it was fun to support them. 

Sofie gave a great FHE lesson about how satan can disguise bad things to look good.  But the Holy Ghost can help us detect the disguise so we can crush the temptation...then we crushed the pop can.  :)
We got together with the Harris family and played some games one Sunday afternoon.
Evening bike ride with these two kiddos.  
Cleaning up messes...
Pretty Kira.

And my new tulip wreath.
Sisters!


Kira helped me make my Dad's favorite Chocolate Cake.

It turned out delicious.  I think my mom's is better, but mine worked.
I told them how my dad eats his chocolate cake in a bowl with milk on top.  Sofie tried it and liked it.  :)
Just having a sack race.  Haha.
Kira wrote a book about a Sneaky Unicorn.
I played Pretty, Pretty Princess with the kids.  


Noah gave a FHE lesson on the second coming and how the animals will all get along.  We found matches and talked about Isaiah's prophecies.  
Nels and I sang and played a song together.  "When You Say Nothing at All."  
Isak got the Baxter Award at school for good behavior.  Yay, Isak!
We took Kira and Noah to the growth doctor for a check up to see how they are doing.  They strongly encouraged us to do growth hormone shots for Noah.  Noah actually said he's willing to do it.  So we may start that up soon.  He's such a cutie.  
Sofie's learning a little piano...
Kira decorated cookies at youth activities.  She won the contest.  :)
St. Patrick's Day!  We all wore bits of green to church.
Just a little story from that morning...
Isak came downstairs and pinched Sofie, saying, "You're not wearing green!"  He thought it would be funny and did not expect Sofie to burst into tears!  She was wearing mint green, but didn't know about the pinching part of St. Patrick's Day.  It took a few minutes to explain, console and move on.  But it was kind of funny. 

Nels made green pancakes!


The kids were happy to have the green pancakes.  I was too.  I still remember eating them in kindergarten and thinking it was so cool to eat green pancakes.  I was glad Nels went along with my request for green pancakes.  
We also had Noah's favorite cookies.  The soft sugar cookies from Walmart.
I challenged the kids to make a trap for the leprechaun.  Here's Kira's design...
Kira and Sofie were a team and here's their trap.  
They had 10 different traps.  Some of them were a maze, slime bowl, hot wheel tracks, duplo legos, origami birds and a blanket to fall on him.  
Here's the boys trap.  They made a sign that said, "Follow the gold for more gold and necklaces."  They ripped up yellow paper into small pieces for the gold and made a trail that led to a garbage sack with more yellow paper and gold shamrock necklaces.  So the leprechaun would step in the bag and fall through...the bag was on top of a fort blanket to catch him.
After they set their traps, I snuck in and messed with their traps and left them a note with Rolos.  
For Kira and Sofie, I wrote, "10 traps!  That's a lot.  Good thing I'm quick and sneaky.  I slipped through the tunnels and slime.  Thank you for the candy. :)  Those birds weren't nice.  I built something with the legos for fun.  Better luck next year!"  
For Isak and Noah, I wrote, "You almost had me!  Tricking me with my favorite things.  But I'm quick and can jump high, so I escaped.  Better luck next year.  P.S. Thanks for the gold necklace and bag.  I love the bag to carry all of my treasure! "
The kids liked it and I had fun too!  It was a fun St. Patrick's Day!

Kira can raise her eyebrow pretty high!
Cute girls.
I crocheted this pink peep for Easter.  :)
A few pics of Sofie and Noah.

Sofie kissed Noah's cheek...
Look at Noah's face!!!
Then he kisses her cheek...
I tell you, these two are funny!

For YW's activity, we learned how to make guacamole.  I bought six kinds of chips and we tasted all of the different brands.  I loved the Late July, hint of lime.  Then probably the mission chips and then On the Border and Tostitos.  It was a yummy activity.
This is Melissa and she taught us how to make the guac.  
Noah lost his front tooth!!!  So cute!
My little monkeys...recovering after school with a snack and a show together.
Here's Noah with his eye patch.  We had a check up and his eye is improving.  We need to be more consistent with it.  Hopefully, he continues to improve.  
Noah asked me to take his picture... His bear blanket, named Reese's and a red balloon.
Isak was super sick with a cough.  He coughed all day and all night.  We were going on our spring break trip soon, so I took him to the doctor.  We stopped to enjoy the blossoms of this tree before heading home after the appointment.  
At Noah's eye appointment, he pretended to give Sofie an eye exam.
Sofie and Noah worked on their preparing to baptized books.  
Kira and I watercolored tulips together.  Mine is on the right. 
They asked me to take a picture of their bears kissing and a heart shaped from slime behind them. 
I bought a hyacinth plant and loved watching it grow and then blossom!!

A week later the color changed.  And then the flowers turned brown.  I cut the flower stalk off and now there's just the green leaves.  I think I'll replant it outdoors.  
Those were our moments in March.

Coming up...is our spring break trip to Chattanooga and Easter.  These events took place the last week of March.  

No comments: