I missed posting this for Halloween...Isak and Kira wrote these Crankenstein papers. So cute and funny!
Kira's - I turn into Crankenstein when Sofie asks me to get her clothes. Then she whines because the clothes that I get depend on how pretty they are and how cold or hot she is. When I get tired of her whining I say if you won't choose one then I will go away. And that's when I turn into Crankenstein!

They also made these cool flashlights for their haunted houses.
My mom made this beautiful card and I enjoyed looking at it all month.
Just a morning snuggle with our teddy bears.
More snuggles...
Sofie loves her teddy bear.
We picked up Noah's glasses November 5th. He looks so cute in them.
He was excited about the glasses until he realized he had to wear them all of the time. Then he wanted to be done. So the glasses went on and off a lot. I think he couldn't see very well at first because he said "I see rainbows." And then he made excuses, "I can't wear glasses when I ____" play, eat, etc. Finally, he was so worn out, he fell asleep in the rocking chair with his glasses on. So sweet. It's a big adjustment for our little Noah.
I love you in sign language. Their cousin Tyler taught it to them. 💙
Pictures from their preschool.
The first day Noah wore his glasses to school, I was so worried. We had Noah try wearing a mask and his glasses at home before school, and his glasses fogged up. He was so frustrated. I felt bad and worried for him. As I dropped him off he happily waved and said, "I'm excited to snuggle with you." I just cried all the way home. I texted his teacher that I would be happy to pick him up if he was having a hard time. She was so nice and sent me pictures and texts to let me know he was doing great. That helped a ton! So here's Noah with his glasses for the first time at school. They have rest time when they take a break from their masks and sit on a towel and look at books. I was so proud of him!
After school, I snuggled my Noah boy. He was done with the day after that and just cried and cried. So hard for him. But I'm proud of him for making it through school.
Minnie Mouse is a favorite for Sofie too.
And Mickey Mouse. They had Halloween Mickey and Minnie Mouse jammies.Another preschool picture...
Sofie and Noah crack me up. They love looking at the photo albums.
Costco trip with my four year olds. And this was a great trip. We stopped by the optics department to get Noah's glasses cleaned. The guy noticed Noah's glasses fogging and showed us a de-fogger product for glasses. He put it on Noah's glasses and it totally worked! Noah's glasses didn't fog with his mask on!! I bought the de-fogger drops. Now Noah asks, "did you put the drops on my glasses?" before we leave the house. So thankful we figured that out. It helps so much during this mask wearing season!
We got sticker books from the $1 store. That kept these 4 year olds busy all afternoon! Yay!
Kira got a gem pattern art thing for her birthday. She likes doing it. Phew!
We got to see our cousins perform in a concert. Ethan is the violinist. I couldn't get a picture of Tyler playing the oboe. It was so fun to listen to their performance.
Boys playing Battleship.
I helped Kira make slime from the kit she got for her birthday.
A serious game of Battleship with Nels and Isak. I think Isak won!
I played Paw Patrol with Noah. We don't play by the exact rules. But that's ok, we had fun.
Our neighbor Jaelyn moved. :( She came over and played before they moved to Minnesota. We'll miss her!
Kira made her a card and we gave her a little gift.
Here's some books from the library...
I got some fall and Halloween books. It's fun to have some themed books to read to the kids. The Peanut Butter and Jelly Brains was such a fun book and so was Monstore. We liked The Gruffalo book too.
We had our first virtual activity days meeting. We played Skittle gratitude game. It was just a half hour. I think it went really well. All the primary kids ages 8-11 showed up and participated! Here's Kira and Isak.
Yay for technology!
Getting a head start on Christmas with a coloring sheet.
Noah is really struggling with coloring. I found out that using tongs to pick up objects helps build those finger muscles. So I got pompoms, tongs and a jar. He loved the activity. He also loved that it was just for him.
Sofie colored her pumpkin.
It's a pumpkin unicorn. :)
Just shooting with dad.
We tried some new popcorn. It had white almond bark melted and poured over it and then candy...candy corn, reese's pieces and M&M's. So good. Isak was snitching... :)
Nels did a shadow puppet story one day for Noah. The next day, I saw Noah trying to do one. So cute.
Learning at home for school. Letters and food that match the letter sounds.
Some movement...
Isak loves these math mash ups, so he created his own. Can you solve it?
Tickle/wrestle time with dad.Dad is very good at getting laughs out.
Date night!! We went the day after Thanksgiving. We were so tired of turkey. We both wanted burgers. We tried out a new restaurant called Wahlburgers.
I liked the fries and their sauce.
After we ate, we did some Christmas shopping. Old Navy, Lowe's, Barnes and Nobles. It was nice to get out for 4 hours!!
Google Meetings for four kids. My hardest school days at home goes something like this:
9:10 - Isak and Kira Meeting
9:40 - Sofie and Noah Meeting
10:00 - 10:20 - Noah speech meeting
10:30 - Isak and Kira meeting
12:00 - Sofie and Noah meeting
12:30 - Isak and Kira meeting
1:30 - 1:50 - Noah speech meeting
2:05 - Isak and Kira meeting
In between the meetings, I help with the school work when I'm needed. Sometimes there's meltdowns in between the meetings.
By the end, I'm done and exhausted!
This is how I found Isak reading one day!!
I love this picture of Sofie helping Noah zip his coat. 💛
Noah loves spaghetti...but he's super messy when he eats it!!
Oh these boys. They love to be loud, run around and tease each other. But my heart just melts when I see Noah looking up at his older brother.
They don't always get along, but I love when they are friends. :)
And that's the end of the photos.
This is how I found Isak reading one day!!
I love this picture of Sofie helping Noah zip his coat. 💛
Noah loves spaghetti...but he's super messy when he eats it!!
Oh these boys. They love to be loud, run around and tease each other. But my heart just melts when I see Noah looking up at his older brother.
They don't always get along, but I love when they are friends. :)
And that's the end of the photos.
The big events were Isak and Kira's birthdays, Thanksgiving and lots of school.
Little things: I created slides for our Primary. We made some fun new treats. A sad thing...I heard back from Deseret Book. My book was rejected. But they sent me the nicest rejection letter ever. I don't know if I'll try to to submit my book to another publisher. Maybe in the spring I'll try again. We'll see.
I started coding the game Harry Potter with my cousin Tyler and brother-in-law Karl. We're coding it in C# which is a new language for me. It's slow going on my end because I haven't had time to learn it. Hopefully, I can make time to learn some more coding. I really enjoy it when I finally get a chance to sit down and do it! I read this one quote, "Try to learn 1% more each day." I just need to do a little every day and it will build up over time. Slow and steady.
That's all for November.























































No comments:
Post a Comment