Isak and Kira decided they wanted to be baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They also wanted to do it in 2020. So we quickly got them ready. First up, buying a white dress for Kira and a photo shoot...
There's a cute gazebo in our neighborhood that was decorated for Christmas. So we took some photos there before church on a cold December day. Isak and Kira were so cooperative and braved the chilly weather for pictures.
Here's our sweet Kira.She's just beaming.
One with both of them. It's crazy how much taller Isak is than Kira!!
Handsome Isak.
I love his smile!
I asked Kira to take her sweater off...she did awesome. We were really, really fast taking the picture so she could warm up afterwards.
Then we had zoom interviews with the Bishop.
Kira went first. Then Isak. It was so cute to watch them and listen to them.
Then I made some invites that were emailed to family.
The best part of the pandemic was that all of our family got to see Isak and Kira's baptism virtually. They didn't have to travel, but were still able to participate. I'm so grateful for this blessing.
Here's how the baptism day went on December 19, 2020.
It was a busy morning getting ready and being out the door at 9:30 a.m. Towels, jumpsuits. Oh and Nels went to Target to buy Isak white underpants at 8 a.m.! Program was printed and in the car. For some reason Sofie and Noah decided to be difficult -- each having a meltdown and not wanting to get dressed and ready to go. I tried to be kind and happy to keep the Spirit in our home...but it's hard when a four year old is screaming at you.
Kira wore her new white dress. I fixed her hair up in elastics going to the side of her head. Isak wore a white shirt and his favorite bird tie and blue dress pants.
Thankfully, Bishop had the chairs set up -- socially distanced, of course -- technology, video and microphone ready to go. Brother Pak filled the font. Sister White played the piano prelude.
I put pictures of Isak, Jesus and Kira on a circle table with the programs. Then Kristal Stamm took our photos. With Masks:
Without masks:Kristal helped with Sofie and Noah so Nels and I could help Isak and Kira. Nels, Isak and Kira got in their jumpsuits. More pictures:
I love this one:
And this one:
We waved to family on the zoom meeting. We started a little late because of my picture taking...but so worth it. 10:08 we started. 10 people were in person plus our family of 6. All of our families joined virtually, even Grandma Stewart!! 💛
We listened to "I am a Child of God" for the opening song. Kristal said the opening prayer. I just sat with my arm around Kira and held her hand during the talk. Nels and Isak sat together. So sweet. Sister McMarrow gave a wonderful talk on Baptism. Then Isak and Kira sang "When I am Baptized." My favorite part. They did a beautiful job. Kira sang the first line, then Isak and then they sang the chorus together. I enjoyed practicing the song with them during the week too. Isak teared up at the end. When he sat down I asked him if he felt the Spirit. He nodded his head. It was so special and wonderful.
Bro. McMarrow gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. Then it was time for the baptism.
Isak and Nels headed to the font. Brother Deem and Bishop White were the witnesses. Kira watched. Sofie watched and Noah watched on my lap.
Then Nels baptized Isak He did great! Isak sat on the stairs of the font with a towel and waited for Kira. I walked her around and through the door. I stopped her and gave her a big hug. Then I ran back around to watch. Nels baptized Kira. She stood up and was ok for a second. Then started to cry a little for a towel. I raced back through the bathroom and wrapped her in the towel. I was SO proud of her and Isak. I helped Kira change into her white dress. She said, "that was actually kind of fun." "I could do that again." "That was easy! Why was I so scared?!" So sweet. She beamed and was happy. Isak was skipping and hyper happy.
Sadly, the zoom, video and sound stopped working. So everyone virtual missed the confirmation. Nels did a beautiful job. He gave two wonderful blessings.
Bishop gave his remarks. Then we listened to "Come, Follow Me." Closing prayer was given by Brother Deem.
We reconnected the zoom and were able to say good bye to family and they congratulated Isak and Kira.
They were just so happy!!!
We surprised Isak and Kira by going through McDonald's drive thru. Kira got chicken nugget kids meal and Isak got a bacon cheeseburger. We ate at home. Then we opened the baptism gifts.
My parents gave them each $10 to Deseret Book. Nels and I gave them quad scriptures with their names engraved on them. Nels parents gave them scripture bags. Kristal gave them the "I am a Child of God" signs. My sister Mandi gave Kira a necklace and Isak a CTR tie clip and both received pictures of Christ. I gave them a Kit Kat bar (from the Primary).
They loved their scriptures. Especially Isak. He started reading them right away.
Kira liked them too...here's her hair do too.
Isn't that a cute scripture bag?!
Sister McMarrow gave them an ornament with a temple and their names and baptismal date on it! And Taffy. So sweet.
We surprised Isak and Kira by going through McDonald's drive thru. Kira got chicken nugget kids meal and Isak got a bacon cheeseburger. We ate at home. Then we opened the baptism gifts.
My parents gave them each $10 to Deseret Book. Nels and I gave them quad scriptures with their names engraved on them. Nels parents gave them scripture bags. Kristal gave them the "I am a Child of God" signs. My sister Mandi gave Kira a necklace and Isak a CTR tie clip and both received pictures of Christ. I gave them a Kit Kat bar (from the Primary).
They loved their scriptures. Especially Isak. He started reading them right away.
Kira liked them too...here's her hair do too.
Isn't that a cute scripture bag?!
Sister McMarrow gave them an ornament with a temple and their names and baptismal date on it! And Taffy. So sweet.
I hope they have sweet memories of their baptism day.









































No comments:
Post a Comment