Thursday, January 28, 2021

Christmas Party! -- At Home

Our friend gave us a cute little tea set.  It inspired a Christmas tea party.  Oh, it was SO fun and one of my favorite things that I did with the kids.  The kids helped me plan and carry it out, which made it even better.  I think they liked being "in charge" of something.  Sofie was going to help me with the hot chocolate, but she was busy helping with something else when I made it.  Kira was in charge of the craft, Isak had the game and Noah the story.  Sofie helped with the music too.  After we prepared a little, we had our party after lunch.  

We ate leftover cookies, a plate of fruit, hot chocolate and a candy cane.  They were so cute and pretty well behaved.  πŸ˜€πŸ‘





Then Isak played the piano songs while we sang.  Sofie loved Jingle Bells.  Oh, that was another thing I did this year.  I bought a Christmas piano book for the kids.  I loved hearing them play the songs and I played the duet part with them.  So fun.  Anyways, back to the party...

Kira chose the craft.  We made fan trees.  



And Isak chose the game Christmas charades.  We found one on Pinterest and printed it off.  Then Isak cut the papers out.  The kids LOVED acting out the words.  
Noah told the nativity story...with some help from me.  He did a good job and I think he really liked the attention.  :)
Did you notice how clean the house was in the above pictures?  We had cleaned it all up before the party.  Then two minutes after the party was over...disaster!  I'm pretty sure the four year olds were the ones who dumped out the toy bins...
Nels filled up four air mattresses and the kids slept in sleeping bags by the Christmas tree.  πŸ’š
We watched Prep and Landing Christmas show.  So funny and cute.  It was a fun night!
Isn't this great?!
Don't worry...it wasn't perfect...πŸ˜‚  Sofie peed her sleeping bag at 1 a.m.  She never wets the bed!!  That's the first time in over a year!  I think she drank a ton of water or something before bed time.  The rest slept well.  :)

No comments: