Christmas Eve and Day. It finally arrived! Yay!
Christmas Eve celebrations started in the late afternoon as we prepared for dinner. I made twice baked potato casserole. It took forever, but was SO yummy! Nels did the ham and green bean casserole. We also had stuffing, fruit and rolls.
Here's the potatoes. I ate most of them over the next couple of days. I loved them. Nels and I were the only ones that liked them. I don't know why my kids don't like potatoes!!
After dinner, we had our Christmas concert. We all worked on special songs all week to perform for the concert. Sofie and Noah sang Jingle Bells while they shook the bells. Kira and I played Jolly Old St. Nicholas. Isak and I played Silent Night. I loved this part too. I hope we do it again next year.
Then we watched the Luke 2 primary video. The kids put their Christmas jammies on.
Oh, here's a picture of Sofie and Noah with the bells for their song.
Nels read "Twas the Night Before Christmas." We've read this story every Christmas Eve for 8 years.
Noah's face...😂
Then the kids opened one gift...a gift from a sibling. Isak and Kira opened each others. A 350 piece puzzle for Isak. Pens and a pink organizer for Kira. Sofie and Noah opened each others. A little teddy bear for Sofie and a little penguin for Noah.
Oh, here's a picture of Sofie and Noah with the bells for their song.
Nels read "Twas the Night Before Christmas." We've read this story every Christmas Eve for 8 years.
Noah's face...😂
Then the kids opened one gift...a gift from a sibling. Isak and Kira opened each others. A 350 piece puzzle for Isak. Pens and a pink organizer for Kira. Sofie and Noah opened each others. A little teddy bear for Sofie and a little penguin for Noah.
Then off to bed! Once they were all snug and asleep, Nels and I put the gifts downstairs. I decided to give them each their favorite cereal this year. It was a hit! They loved having their own box!
Nels created a treasure hunt for Isak and Kira's big gifts.
Gift cards and cards on the tree. That's how my parents did it. 💚
10:40 p.m. bedtime for us...one more time checking on the kids...Sweet Isak. He slept with the Santa hat on.
And Christmas!!!
I love how excited they were and just loved watching them open gifts. I didn't take too many pics...my hands were busy helping.
I handed out the gifts and Nels helped them once they were open. Isak and Kira had fun doing their treasure hunt. Isak got a snap circuit set. Kira got a camera (we ended up taking it back and she got a play dough set instead) Noah's big gift was a PJ mask ship. Sofie got a Barbie vet set.
Nels created a treasure hunt for Isak and Kira's big gifts.
Gift cards and cards on the tree. That's how my parents did it. 💚
10:40 p.m. bedtime for us...one more time checking on the kids...Sweet Isak. He slept with the Santa hat on.
And Christmas!!!
I love how excited they were and just loved watching them open gifts. I didn't take too many pics...my hands were busy helping.
I handed out the gifts and Nels helped them once they were open. Isak and Kira had fun doing their treasure hunt. Isak got a snap circuit set. Kira got a camera (we ended up taking it back and she got a play dough set instead) Noah's big gift was a PJ mask ship. Sofie got a Barbie vet set.
Here's Isak with the snap circuit.
We spent the rest of the day helping the kids with their new toys. Sofie got this lego jewelry box from G & G Swensen.
Sofie got make up. Kira put some on too. See Nels photobombing?!
Sofie got this sticker gem picture.
Grandma Nyborg made these beautiful bed pocket holders. It hangs on the side of the bed and is perfect for all of Kira's horses. She has them on rotation now and these pockets make it easier for her to keep track of and have a nice place for her stuffed animals. All of the kids are enjoying them. Such a great gift.
G & G Nyborg also gave us an air fryer! It's been so fun to use. We made carrots for our first thing. Mmmmm! Good!
Snap circuit light show.
And Isak's puzzle.
Sofie got nail polish. I painted all of us girls nails. Nels gave me chocolate and Les Miserables. Nels got a fancy razor set. I surprised Nels and the kids with an Echo Dot...Alexa thing. Oh, it's been fun. The kids love to ask Alexa things. "Alexa, play PJ Mask Theme song." "Alexa, how many miles is it to the sun" "What's the coldest place on earth?" "Read a children's story." "Alexa, play ballerina music." On and on and on. :)
We spent the rest of the day helping the kids with their new toys. Sofie got this lego jewelry box from G & G Swensen.
Sofie got make up. Kira put some on too. See Nels photobombing?!
Sofie got this sticker gem picture.
Grandma Nyborg made these beautiful bed pocket holders. It hangs on the side of the bed and is perfect for all of Kira's horses. She has them on rotation now and these pockets make it easier for her to keep track of and have a nice place for her stuffed animals. All of the kids are enjoying them. Such a great gift.
G & G Nyborg also gave us an air fryer! It's been so fun to use. We made carrots for our first thing. Mmmmm! Good!
Snap circuit light show.
And Isak's puzzle.
Sofie got nail polish. I painted all of us girls nails. Nels gave me chocolate and Les Miserables. Nels got a fancy razor set. I surprised Nels and the kids with an Echo Dot...Alexa thing. Oh, it's been fun. The kids love to ask Alexa things. "Alexa, play PJ Mask Theme song." "Alexa, how many miles is it to the sun" "What's the coldest place on earth?" "Read a children's story." "Alexa, play ballerina music." On and on and on. :)
We gave money to The Christmas Box this year with my siblings. I'm grateful we were able to donate as a family to this good charity. We also gave money locally to a charity. We gave gift cards to teachers.
We received wonderful gifts from both of our parents and others. It was a wonderful Christmas. I tried to enjoy it all. But honestly, I was overwhelmed and stressed out and tired of thinking of gifts to give everyone. I think I would love this holiday more if no gifts were involved. But that's just me...I'm not a good gift giver. It's hard. So maybe when I'm better at it, I'll enjoy it more. :) I am grateful for the gifts we gave and received this year. I'm so thankful for our Savior, Jesus Christ and for His perfect gifts.

























No comments:
Post a Comment