Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Labor Day Activities

Recover from camping trip...that's what happened on Labor Day.  😂

Nels let me sleep until 9 a.m. Wahoo!  And he made me pancakes!  
I spent some time just playing with the kids.  We played Jenga.  

Then we played Pictionary.  

Nels suggested we go on a bike ride and he had a place in mind.  So we followed along.  We drove down to the Fox River on the Batavia side.  I was thinking we would bike for a half hour or so...But we ended up going 7-8 miles!  It was a loop and Nels really wanted to do the whole thing.  I guess I should have clarified.  It took us about 3-4 hours!  Thankfully, we were all in good moods and happy for 85% of the time.  Here's some pictures...


All lined up ready to go...

We stopped and looked at a cave....


We saw ducks.  We stopped and threw rocks in the river.  I biked with Noah and Sofie and Nels biked with the fast kids, Isak and Kira.  I enjoyed Sofie and Noah...Noah sang.  Sofie sang.  They just kept going even when they were so, so tired.  All the kids worked on learning to bike on the right side of the trail instead of the middle or the wrong side.  I kept saying, "go to the side, get out of the middle."  
We crossed a lot of bridges.  
We felt pretty awesome after we finished.  And definitely deserved a treat!
So we got some ice cream at Batavia Creamery.




Mmmmm.  Oh these sweet little ones.  



It was beautiful weather.  I'm glad we enjoyed the weather and had another adventure together!
And crazy thing...it rained the rest of the week!  

No comments: