September 19 - Saturday
Quick photo in front of the cottage before we left for our biking adventure.
Isak rode his own bike. Kira rode a tag along behind Grandpa. Sofie rode a tag along behind Nels. She was barely tall enough. Poor Noah - cried and cried and screamed. He didn't want the tag along or the trailer. Somehow, (I have no idea how) I got him to finally calm down enough to try the tag along. He was too short. Thankfully, he said he would sit in the blue trailer with snacks and his water. I pulled Noah in the trailer behind my bike and he didn't cry the rest of the bike ride!! Phew!
Kira and grandpa.
Grandma with Isak and Kira.
Here's Nels and Sofie.
We biked 5 miles to Nicolette Bay. We took a nice break and ate some snacks.
Pretty!
There were a ton of seagulls. The kids loved feeding them by throwing goldfish crackers.
Then we biked back 5 miles. I was very proud of our Nyborg family for biking the 10 miles.
We ate at Not Licked Yet. The kids loved playing at the playground.
Then some frozen custard desserts after lunch.
I got my favorite El Nino, chocolate custard with raspberries and hot fudge.
Then we went back to the cottage. I did a lot of videos and photos of the cottage.
And then I interviewed and recorded Bob and Donna talking about the cottage.
I loved doing it. I wish I had a better camera. I just used my iPhone. I made three videos. I posted them on YouTube and the links are at the end of this post.
The woods at the cottage are the best!
Nels built a fire in the fire pit. We roasted and burned marshmallows and cookies.
Oh, the joy of s'mores.
Sofie Loved her s'more so much!Isak and Kira burnt the end of their sticks and wrote their names on the rocks.
We ate some more brats. Yum!
We popped popcorn and watched part of Pirates of the Caribbean. Then bedtime.
Then some frozen custard desserts after lunch.
I got my favorite El Nino, chocolate custard with raspberries and hot fudge.
Then we went back to the cottage. I did a lot of videos and photos of the cottage.
And then I interviewed and recorded Bob and Donna talking about the cottage.
I loved doing it. I wish I had a better camera. I just used my iPhone. I made three videos. I posted them on YouTube and the links are at the end of this post.
The woods at the cottage are the best!
Nels built a fire in the fire pit. We roasted and burned marshmallows and cookies.
Oh, the joy of s'mores.
We ate some more brats. Yum!
We popped popcorn and watched part of Pirates of the Caribbean. Then bedtime.
Sept. 20 - Sunday
Time to pack. So sad. We just loved it there. We were just feeling relaxed!
Bob made pancakes. And he played the camping game with Isak and Kira while Nels and I packed.
Grandma, Sofie and Kira painted rocks with the paint markers.
Then it was time to go. It was a tearful farewell.
We did great traveling home and were able to unpack and get settled before the next week began.
Grandma, Sofie and Kira painted rocks with the paint markers.
Then it was time to go. It was a tearful farewell.
We did great traveling home and were able to unpack and get settled before the next week began.
I'm so grateful we were able to go and spend time as a family.
Here's the three videos I made about the cottage.










































No comments:
Post a Comment