Thursday, March 29, 2018

Pacific Grove and More

We were out the door by 10 a.m. for a fun Saturday outing in June 2017.  We drove to Pacific Grove.  A neat town with historic buildings that are now Inns and restaurants.  We at burgers at 17th Street Grill.  

My hungry boys.
Then we took a gorgeous walk along a trail near the coastline.


It's just beautiful there.
I tried to get a pic of me ad Sofie. :)
These beautiful purple flowers were in bloom.
We tried to spy some sea glass.   A friend had told us there was some along the trail.  So Nels went down to the rocks to see if he could find any...no luck.



We enjoyed our walk though.  Then we drove along the coast for a bit and then drove to Monterey.
We always passed this huge park on our way to the aquarium, so we finally stopped and played at it.  It's called Dennis the Menace Playground.  Oh what fun!

Although we had a bit of a scare.  We climbed this big hill.  The kids went down the slide.  I rushed down the stairs but didn't make it in time to tell Isak to wait.  I had Kira, but Isak took off some where.  Oh it's the worst feeling!  Minutes passed with both Nels and I shouting Isak's name.  Finally he shows up.  He was trying to get to a bridge he saw.
This is the hill with the slides...
Then we decided to divide up.  Isak, Noah and Nels went around together and us girls stayed together.  It worked out well once we divided up.

It was a large park with lots of people.  After the park, we drove home and I grocery shopped.  Then baths and bed for everyone.

No comments: