After Father's Day, I overheard a conversation between Kira and Isak. Isak said, "It's not Father's Day." Kira replied, "I know, we can play Father's Day with our stuffed animals." "OK!" And up the stairs they went to play Father's Day. :)
I planned a local adventure to celebrate Nels the day before Father's day. She started by going to the Farmer's Market in Morgan Hill. We bought some peaches, strawberries and tomatoes.
I liked the saying, "Donuts for Dad." So I found a local donut shop...O'Henry's Donuts.
Each of us picked out our own donut. The kids thought that part was pretty fun. Nels picked an apple filled donut, I got a raspberry filled donut, Kira chose chocolate frosted donut and Isak picked a cinnamon roll as big as his head!!
We all sat down on pinkish colored chairs and ate our donuts. Isak said, "I have an idea. Let's share and take a bite of each of them." or something like that. So we all tried each other's donuts. It was SO fun. The kids said loudly, "Happy Father's Day!" and the other customers looked at us funny, but smiled. :)
We ate lunch at a yummy Mexican food place called Super Taqueria. Then we went to the library. Four times in and out of the car with four kids equals exhausted parents! We all took a nap.
On Sunday - Father's day we went to church and then took naps. Then we made delicious burgers. Nels really wanted to take the kids to the park. It had been 100 degrees all day. So we waited until after 6 to go. It cooled down to 87 degrees or so. We went to Sunrise Park. We brought our bat and ball. Isak and Nels played a bit. Nels and I competed to see who could the ball the farthest. Once Nels got a good pitch, he hit it father than me. The babies were all over the place. Noah did not like the swing or wood chips. We only stayed about a half hour. Then home and to bed!
Here are the cards the kids made...Hooked on Far Far. I think we made some for Grandpa too, but I didn't get a picture.
Isak drew an alien...Kira a castle. :)
I wrote this in my journal...June 16--two days before Father's day...Nels walked in the door from work and little Sofie was standing by her high chair in the dining room. She saw her Daddy and walked all the way to him! Oh the grin she had when Nels picker her up! :) (that was a pretty far walk for her.)
He is an excellent father and just wants to be there for our kids. We love our Nels Daddy!


No comments:
Post a Comment