Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Disneyland Trip - Solvang, CA

We went to Disneyland May 7-10, 2017.  Our First Family of Six Vacation!!  What a trip!
We drove down to Solvang, CA and arrived just in time for lunch.  Solvang is a Danish Village.  It's neat and I'm glad we made the stop.  You feel like you're stepping into a different country.  We walked up and down the streets.  There were a couple of big windmills.
Then we ate lunch at the Red Viking.
We tried a sampler of meatballs and cabbage.  It was all delicious.

Then we walked around souvenir shops.  I loved all of the blue and white plates.  I bought a magnet of course and a Christmas tree ornament.
We ate the most delicious sweets too.  Some were from this adorable Mortensen's Bakery.
My favorite was the aebleskivers or pancake puffs with jam and ice cream on top!!

Then we ate an eclair at the bakery.



It was a picturesque place.
We finished the drive along the coast and arrived in LA/Disneyland 6:30 p.m.  We stayed at the Homewood Suites for about $140/night.  Two queen beds, living room (where the two babies slept) and a kitchen.  We treated ourselves to dinner at Outback Steakhouse.  Then we tucked everyone in and we all slept pretty well.  I think I got up with Sofie once, but she went back to sleep.  Yay!

No comments: