Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Day 2 Disneyland

Day 3--We made it out the door earlier, but sadly Nels forgot his phone.  So he rushed back to the hotel.  I waited in the Red Lion lobby and fed the babies.  We still got to the park by 9:30.  The weather was cold, cloudy and sleet-not rain-just wet sleet.  Luckily the sleet only lasted an hour or so.  We went to California Adventure.  The good thing was the lines were pretty short.  And we learned a lot about the day before of how to do things.  We did the child swap and fast passes a lot.  So here's the rides we went on. 

Nels and Isak did the Zephir, then Kira and I did it.  
We all went on the Ferris Wheel.  We did the swinging gondola which was a little wilder than we thought it would be.  The babies had worried faces but didn't cry.  

We rode the Carousel.  

Then I stood in line for California Screaming.  It was my turn to get on when Suddenly they shut the whole ride down!  So I got a fast pass for later.  Nels took kids potty while I did that.
We ate lunch-which we brought-peanut butter and honey sandwiches.  
Nels and Isak rode on the swings (Kira was too short)
Then Isak and I rode on the Jelly Fish.  No lines.  We just walked on.
We fast passed Toy Story so we just walked onto the ride.  It was an awesome ride!
Then we rode the carousel again.  
Then we rode on Ariel...(all of us did the carousel, toy story and Ariel ride) I liked the family rides.  
Then we did the child swap for Mater and Luigi.  So Kira and Isak got to ride each of those rides twice!  
More bathroom breaks.  Then to Bug Land.
We all rode Flick's, Ladybug and Chew Chew Train.  
Then we walked to Hollywood.  We were just in time for the 5:30 Show of Frozen Live.  We fed the babies while we watched.  It was awesome!  Shortly after the "Let It Go" song Sofie was done.  So we quickly packed up and left.  But Isak and Kira wanted to stay.  They liked it.  
We all rode on Monster inc.  Fun ride.
Then we rode the carousel again
Nels and I took turns riding California Screaming.  or is it Screaming California?
Both Nels and I loved the rollercoaster ride.  Nels did potties while I rode and I fed the kids while Nels rode.
We finished by riding the carousel two more times!  I think I missed one other time we rode the carousel...we ended up riding it 6 times!!
Total Count: 21 rides. 1 show.

We ate our own food all day.  Then we left the park.  We didn't buy souvenirs because we didn't take the time to shop.  We walked and walked.  Nels's phone tracked both days.  Each day we walked 7-8 miles.  We ate dinner at Red Robin.  We got the kids to bed around 10:30.  We were all exhausted.
Isak and Nels shared a bed and then Kira and I shared a bed.  Sofie and Noah each had a pack n play and slept in the living room.  Oh and sadly I fought a cold while I was there - sore throat.  So I wasn't a 100% healthy.  But I still had a great time!  Overall the kids were amazing and we all had a blast.  We made wonderful memories at Disneyland!

No comments: