And here's August wrap up!
I love little Noah's shirt. "Daddy's little crime fighter"
Jenny feeding Noah. Jenny always jumped in and helped with the babies whenever she was home. She is wonderful with them. She made Sofie laugh so much and it was adorable. Sofie sleeping. She is almost too big for her swaddle.
Sofie snuggling with Jenny.
Babies playing.
I loved getting Noah to grin.
So here's a little bit about how we moved to California. Nels drove the Civic with Isak and Kira. I drove the van with Sofie and Noah. Both cars were packed full. Overall, the kids did amazing. We left Idaho about 10 a.m. The babies pretty much slept for the 3 hour drive to Kari's. We ate lunch with Kari and fed the babies. Then we drove to Melissa's. We made it just in time to say good by to Abi before her soccer practice. She got really attached to our babies. So I'm glad we were able to say good bye. My brother Jeremy and his family came over to Melissa's and said good bye too. Mandi's family was sick so we missed saying good bye to them. After all the bye's we drove straight west out of Utah past the white salt fields and to Wendover, NV.
We ate dinner at McDonald's and decided to keep driving because there isn't much in Wendover.
This is what our crew looks like eating at McDonald's.
We made it to Elko, NV and stayed at a nice Hampton Inn. Gratefully, everyone slept well.
Kira helped me feed the babies for a minute while I got situated.
The next day we ate breakfast and left by 10 a.m. Here's a picture of the twins before we left. See Sofie's ice cream romper. It has the worst luck. Every time she wears it, she has a huge blow out!! I can't remember, but maybe she didn't have a blow out this time. haha.
Sweet Kira on the hotel bed.
We drove about 2-3 hours then we stopped to feed the babies. The babies really did great. One stop was either before or after Reno. We ate delicious food at The Griddle. Then we stopped at McD's somewhere and got shakes and fed the babies. Then we stayed at a Hampton Inn in Sacramento. We all slept well again. Aug. 24th we drove to Morgan Hill, CA. We made it by 11:45 a.m. We signed our lease. The PODs had been dropped off earlier that day. Three movers came and unloaded the container in 2 hours. We ate lunch at MOD Pizza, shopped at Costco and prepared for bed time.
Aug. 25th our other POD arrived and movers came and unloaded in 2 hours. We spent the rest of the day unpacking.
My mom gave Isak and Kira a few gifts to help keep them busy. It worked perfectly. Thanks Mom!
And this was my view for several days while I fed the babies. It's kind of hard to unpack while taking care of two sets of twins.
One thing that surprised me was when I went grocery shopping. I had to pay for bags! They are nice recyclable bags that I reuse all the time now. But I miss those normal plastic bags.
One of our first purchases was a patio table and chairs. The kids love it.
Kira and Isak really enjoy color by number pictures.
Sadly, the flu ran through our family. Kira threw up all over her bed. Yuck! She spent two days just laying around.
Kira loves her horses...they also make great pillows.
So our August ended with sickness. But we recovered. We were just happy to have all of us together with all of our stuff in one spot...even if it was in boxes.











No comments:
Post a Comment