Thursday, June 22, 2017

4th of July

Fourth of July.  I figured we'd be up anyway with the babies, so we decided to go out and celebrate.  I really wanted to see the hot air balloons.  We were out the door by 7 a.m.!  But their was a 5K race and it blocked many streets.  So by the time we got parked and to the balloons, they were all done and deflated.  :(  But then we realized we were just in time for the parade.  

So we found a spot and enjoyed the Provo Parade.  The babies surprised us by sleeping through the whole parade!  Even through all of the sirens!!!
The sun was in our eyes and it was hot.  There was some whining from the older kids, but we gave them some popsicles and suckers.
Here's Noah enjoying his nap.
We all dressed in blue, red and white.
Funny Faces.  Kira, as you can see, was not thrilled.
Isak is such a cutie and indulges me when I ask to take his picture.  Such a sweetie.
Kira loved the horses!!  They also enjoyed the bands and fire trucks.
I got a picture of these two babies.  Love Sofie's shirt and it's so true..."mommy's little firecracker."
We also went to the Freedom Festival on Center Street Provo.  I took Isak and Kira on their first ferris wheel ride.  They were both scared and sat close to me.  But after a bit they had fun.  They talked about it for a few weeks after it happened.
They also tried cotton candy for the first time.  So funny.  They both did Not like it?!!  We also ate a funnel cake.  Kira just liked the powder sugar.
These pics are out of order.  Oh well.  Here's the deflated balloons.
Nels with the baby twins.
Me with the older twins and the deflated balloon.  Oh, I miss those mountains in the background!
Waiting for the parade to start.  So sunny!
I like Kira's fireworks shirt.
Family group...babies in the car seats next to us.
yummy popsicles.
Fire truck!
Suckers to lessen the whining.

And our sleeping Sofie and
sleeping Noah.
Ferris Wheel.  That's us inside of it.
Nels attempting to get Kira to smile.  haha.  After the Freedom Festival, we ate pizza at Two Jacks.
After the big kids were in bed and the babies were napping, Nels and I snuck out onto the patio and watched a few fireworks.  Sometimes you just have to steal some moments and they are precious moments and rejuvenating.  It was a fun filled fourth of July.  I'm glad we got out instead of just staying home.  :)

No comments: